Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired a 657-5 .41 magnum with a 7-1/2 inch barrel. I have not found it listed in Fjelstad's Blue Book of Gun Values. Just wondering if it could be a special order from one of the big distributors like Lew Horton? It has a plain ramp front sight and a plain adjustable rear sight (not white outline) and a non-fluted cylinder.

·
Registered
9,934 Posts
Great gun hope you reload mate..

Thewelshm

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
The Smith Wesson Model 657 was made with a 7 1/2 barrel between November of 2000 and June of 2001 The 8 3/8 inch barrel was discontinued in 1992. The 4 6 7 1/2 and 8 3/8 barrels were all produced. . The Lew Hotron special gun was a 3 inch barrel round butt .. The model 57 was not a really great seller for Smith Wesson. But is has almost a cult like following in some Smith Wesson circles . Either way you have a great gun and a wonderful shooter. I suggest getting the loader and dies for making your own hand loads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info, gang.

The Dillon 650 has been busy turning out ammo for quite a while. This will be my 3rd S&W .41 Magnum. Love that caliber!!! Thanks for the info from all you S&W fans. Love this Forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts