Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
I put mine in a Frame, I took it out only to scan it here. I have always felt he was one of the best Presidents the NRA ever had! He did a lot for the NRA! The best Western Movie View attachment 6777 View attachment 6778 to remember him from is 1968's Will Penney.

I shared this story last summer but it fits with your pic.: My aunt was in her 90's when she went into a nursing home. As most people know guns are REAL off limits there. She had a 36 no dash that her late husband carried for 40 years before he died. She then took possession and though the gun showed 40 years of pocket carry, VERY ROUGH, she cherished it. Before she died she asked me to put it in her casket with her when she was buried. I showed up at the church and had to hovver to get a chance to slide it in with her.
Mission accomplished. It wasn't easy but I made her last request happen. So yes you CAN take it, with a little help, with you.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
He was also an atheist who converted to Christianity. A lot of people aren't born with 'the light' but find it later in life.
This is why I posted that he changed and did not beat him up.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I sure do remember...can you tell by my avatar.
No maybe about it, he was THE best President the NRA ever had.

·
Premium Member
17,045 Posts
It takes a special man to commit himself to essentially become a lightning rod for a cause he believes in. Even more so to use the last years of ones' life in that effort. He was a eloquent spokesman of the simple truth of our cause. It impressed me that even Richard Dreyfuss was moved enough by his works to write a homage to him to include his work with the NRA, after his passing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts