Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where I live, it's peaceful, BUT I live in a Liberal college area......and I can't escape by moving, like I have several times before. Though I don't have any reason to believe there might be trouble, I do believe in being prepared....if it comes. The present violent situations make me a little uneasy......to say the least.

I went to nearby Williamsburg for a walk after noon. I sat down on a park bench on Main St.. Suddenly a bunch of adults and school kids appeared on the street, holding BLM signs. People driving by in cars, beeped in support, on a regular basis. This IS a bastion for LIBERALS.......so, I decided to get out of there. I was tempted to yell out my window, while driving away.....TRUMP 2020!!!!! But....I didn't.....as I am the 'peaceful sort'.

It would have been a scene, if they caught me, since I am reluctant to use my CCW. But........I just didn't like it, being in an uncomfortable situation......with one gun and an extra mag. (15 rds.) Now, I see the advantage of using HiCap mags!!!!! But, at least I had my CCW. Bob

·
Premium Member
10,778 Posts
This is the "bullying" that the thugs that started, represent and participate in BLM want to project on law abiding citizens.

You are now a victim of "cancel culture". You cannot feel comfortable sitting on a bench in a public space in your own city.

Remember, your CCW is not for intimidating someone away from you. It's for lawful self defense. It concealed for many good reasons. Larger crowds would make you think you need to carry volumes of ammunition, but that's unlikely. Two 15 round magazines should handle most situations because the attacking cowards are more likely to run away from you than engage once they see you stop someone.

Your state just made several modifications to your self defense statutes - so you'd do well to study up on your ability to "stand your ground" (no duty to retreat), and lethal force statutes.

None of us want the awful situation of dealing with a deadly force incident, so nobody that thinks would go our of their way to get into an altercation, but you also have the right and need the ability to defend yourself if you ever needed to.

But... you now see first hand how "cancel culture" works to silence opposition, and pave the way for even more powerful Leftists to legislate against rational law respecting citizens while they open the door to bullies, cowards, and mobs of "enforcers".

Study Wiemar Germany and how the SA Sturmabteilung - Wikipedia operated. Also study how their leaders "ended" their leadership... The Night of the Long Knives...

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not in my town.....yet!!!! This was in a larger, 'liberal suburb of Northampton', that is 30 minutes away. I have seen white, older,adults protesting for BLM , in the center of my town, but a couple of miles away from my home. This surprised me because, I had always though it to be a conservative, old New England town, with a lot of gun owners.

As time goes on, it's turning more liberal, as the Libs from Northampton move away from the city. New, expensive, houses are being built in areas that I used to hunt, not more then 3-4 years ago. It was almost a mini-wilderness, where I could go, not far from my home. You could get seriously lost out there. It will be gone in the next 10 years. 🥺 Bob

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Not in my town.....yet!!!! This was in a larger, 'liberal suburb of Northampton', that is 30 minutes away. I have seen white, older,adults protesting for BLM , in the center of my town, but a couple of miles away from my home. This surprised me because, I had always though it to be a conservative, old New England town, with a lot of gun owners.

As time goes on, it's turning more liberal, as the Libs from Northampton move away from the city. New, expensive, houses are being built in areas that I used to hunt, not more then 3-4 years ago. It was almost a mini-wilderness, where I could go, not far from my home. You could get seriously lost out there. It will be gone in the next 10 years. 🥺 Bob
Yes, the world we grew up in is fast vanishing.

All good things come to an end.

I do think enhancing and increasing what you carry is a good idea.

Burns calories and builds muscles on those walks, too.

:D

Reactions: Bob K and jeepnut

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I feel better now that I carry a semi-auto, with a total of 15 rds. available in 2 mags, and 1 in the chamber, rather than the 5 rd. revolver, with 6 rds. in a speed strip. Reloads are faster and easier. I can't use a hI-cap mag in this state.......but I would if I could. The Police can use the high cap mags, ......why can't I????? Bob

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I always carry my Glock 23 or 27 with a 15 round 22 mag. Why not have the extra rounds?
When I carry a revolver I have two 6 round Bianchi Speed Strips in the opposite pocket.
One thing you can never have too much of is ammo.:cool:
Jim

·
Registered
526 Posts
I never acquired a taste for automatics, so if it can't be done in six, I'm done for.
I don't like Glocks but I carry 2 of them in .45ACP because they are the ONLY semi auto's I own that have 100% reliability in my personal experience.
I also own semi-auto's made by Kimber, Taurus, S&W, Ruger, Beretta and Browning and they have all either Failed to Feed/Fire/Eject at one time or another. My Glocks (I own 8) have NEVER done any of the above. That's why I carry the ugliest guns I own.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
I don't like Glocks but I carry 2 of them in .45ACP because they are the ONLY semi auto's I own that have 100% reliability in my personal experience.
I also own semi-auto's made by Kimber, Taurus, S&W, Ruger, Beretta and Browning and they have all either Failed to Feed/Fire/Eject at one time or another. My Glocks (I own 8) have NEVER done any of the above. That's why I carry the ugliest guns I own.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
YMMV but the Glock 42 I got for my daughter is a jam-o-matic. Maybe it's that particular model, but it's shied us off Glocks.
Replaced it for her with a "Cajunized" CZ RAMI. 2000 rounds and counting without one failure- even with the little kids shooting it. Same with my SP01. For Semi's I'm becoming a CZ fanboy.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Do I carry more protection now as opposed to the past? The answer is no! The likelihood of such an occurrence that requires the discharge of a firearm in defense of my person is possible but not likely. Could it happen under all things are possible, yes it could occur. If one one leads a life style of avoiding stupid people, places and things, your chances of confrontations are significantly reduced but there is always the What If's. If defense of my person can't be accomplished with my EDC S&W Shield 9x19mm then I'll no longer be replying to subjects on the forum!

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
I carry less. I used to carry a packet of Trojans in my wallet, but nor needed anymore.

Reactions: PandRFan

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why take a chance? I only got a nice proposition, from a cute, early 20's girl, once....... a few years ago. At my age.....it scared the crap outta' me!!!!! 😆 Bob

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Why take a chance? I only got a nice proposition, from a cute, early 20's girl, once....... a few years ago. At my age.....it scared the crap outta' me!!!!! 😆 Bob
Send her my way Bob, I'll attempt to appease her wildest fantasies.......... :D :D

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Daryl.......she did change jobs, shortly there after. So I couldn't find her, after thinking somemore. 🙄 Bob

1 - 20 of 34 Posts