Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally, I like stainless guns for the ease of cleaning and durability. However, I think blued guns are much better looking. It's been said and I agree, "Stainless has durability and Blue has Soul".

What's your thoughts..............???

Here's a stainless 4" N-Frame Model 25 v/s 4" N-Frame Model 625 (different grips & front sights.....sorry).

Revolver Textile Trigger Sleeve Air gun

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Hey Geeze,

Take a FULL blame HOUSE to beat that pair!

How about a Blue Colt's with a STAINLESS Ruger Barrel? Every one has a 22LR PPC Gun in their Safe?

Don't they?

Later, Mark

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Geeze,

Take a FULL blame HOUSE to beat that pair!

How about a Blue Colt's with a STAINLESS Ruger Barrel? Every one has a 22LR PPC Gun in their Safe?

Don't they?

Later, Mark
Now that's a new one on me Mark........................

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Hey Geeze,

My Neighbor, Dave, had my Nephew wind this 8-3/8" 45LC tube(Blued) on his 625 (stainless), last summer...

Its his "new favorite" Revolver...and he shoots GOOD!

later, Mark

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Geeze,

My Neighbor, Dave, had my Nephew wind this 8-3/8" 45LC tube(Blued) on his 625 (stainless), last summer...

Its his "new favorite" Revolver...and he shoots GOOD!

later, Mark
Interesting piece......................!!

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
Blues and stainless. Either one. I like both better than nickel.

·
Registered
20,049 Posts
Stainless or Cerakote because stainless don't how holster wear and when Cerakote wears, it can be redone easily. I get scabbard wear on my Cerakoted long guns.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Blued is purdy but high maintenance.
Stainless is practical.
I'm a function over form kinda guy, so SS for me.
Yep. The prettiest new or well-kept guns are almost always blue/black. (y)

With a bunch of use and wear, stainless steel is the superior finish. (y)

Love them both. A lot depends on the gun model. Some just demand one finish over the other. :)

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
You gentle persons are such meanies................Just looking at all the hardware is "ALMOST" better than the first cuppa Joe in the early dawn's light (you even got me waxing poetic, sorta).
Me, personally, I refuse to discriminate or judge based on exterior finish. I'm far too new to this affliction of gun love (less than 12 years, I reckon) for that level of concern, but I gotta say: love them revolvers. Oh, and yes, I have a couple or 9 or so. Both of my adult children visited last fall (they live 1442 miles away) and they also have the affliction, but they are reluctant to wait for me kick off this mortal coil, to acquire for this summers competitions.

P.S. Conned them into cleaning some of the revolvers and semi-auto's (firearms familiarization, you know). Daughter has already laid claim to the Ruger Super Redhawk Revolver 10mm, that is my latest acquisition. And yes, it's stainless.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Personally, I like stainless guns for the ease of cleaning and durability. However, I think blued guns are much better looking. It's been said and I agree, "Stainless has durability and Blue has Soul".

What's your thoughts..............???
Blues and stainless. Either one. I like both better than nickel.
What 1av8r said is how I feel. Of my revolver collection, I have one stainless and two nickel guns, the other eight are blued, my primary preference. I do like stainless, as long as it is the normal matte or brushed finish, and not highly polished. Nickel, to me is sort of gaudy and showy, I prefer a more subdued look. One of my nickel guns is a commemorative and only came in nickel, the other nickel gun is a model I've looked for for quite a while and never found a blued one with a finish that wasn't worn beyond what I would accept.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts