Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,369 Posts
Good morning.

The Hipoint has very little value. Even new they are around 200. Many people look down on them but they do generally work.

The little Beretta is very interesting and will likely bring 3-400 but I’m no expert with these guns.

Lost in the woods... Hopefully.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good morning.

The Hipoint has very little value. Even new they are around 200. Many people look down on them but they do generally work.

The little Beretta is very interesting and will likely bring 3-400 but I’m no expert with these guns.

Thank you. I had read Hi Point was considered a “cheap” gun. Good to have that verified.
The Beretta is supposedly from war and brought back from Italy or Germany. But I have no proof of that,

·
Super Moderator
11,369 Posts
I do not but others here do. If you start a thread , you’ll get answers.

·
Registered
18,684 Posts
My Beretta similar to yours was a WWII bring back (dated 1943). Heavy so light recoil for a 380 but will tear the web of your hand right up. I could sell it here for about $400 FTF

Reactions: Luckie4Us

·
Registered
248 Posts
My Beretta similar to yours was a WWII bring back (dated 1943). Heavy so light recoil for a 380 but will tear the web of your hand right up. I could sell it here for about $400 FTF
However, Luckie4Us' Beretta is a 7.65 Browning... also known as .32 ACP.
Even lighter recoil, and as a WW2-era European-made pistol will prefer the higher-power European & American ammo (like the Buffalo Bore 75 gr LFP @ 220 ftlbs muzzle energy, Sellier & Bellot 73gr FMJRN @ 176 ftlbs, Buffalo Bore 60 gr JHP @ 161 ftlbs, & Fiocchi 73gr FMJRN @ 155 ftlbs) rather than the weaker ammo (Speer Gold Dot 60gr JHP @ 123 ftlbs, Magtech 71 gr JHP @ 129 ftlbs, Remington 71 gr FMJ @ 129 ftlbs, etc).

Note that the current Beratta Tomcat .32 pistol (model 3032) has a manufacturer's warning against using ammo above 130 ftlbs muzzle energy.
This is what Beretta recommends.
60 gr Winchester Silvertip
60 gr Speer Gold Dot
65 gr Federal Hydra-shok
Any 71 gr ammo with a muzzle energy less than 130 ft/lbs.
The card goes on to warn that using ammo which exceeds these limits will increase wear and tear.

The initial production run had problems with the slide cracking... Beretta beefed up the slide, but some owners still report cracking when high-power ammo is used regularly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts