Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15,413 Posts
I have a FOID card. Open carry is illegal. No law-abiding gun owner here would show up at the capitol brandishing a gun.
I know you do (FIDO) card. What I refer to it as, remember my cousin and shooting partner likes outside New Lennox. I also know what the laws in Pritzker's Illinois domain are. Just pulling you chain a bit, nothing more other than I have no desire to live in the 'Land of Lincoln'. Visiting is ok as well as hunting on the Joliet Artillery range, lots of nice deer inhabit it, but I only use a X bow. I get the heepy-geeby's having any firearm in Illinois and it always seems to get out west I have to travel through your state and it's usually with a number of firearms along.

Showing up on Pritzker's doorstep with ANY firearm would be an instant trip to the lockup for an extended stay, I'm certain.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
I know you do (FIDO) card. What I refer to it as, remember my cousin and shooting partner likes outside New Lennox. I also know what the laws in Pritzker's Illinois domain are. Just pulling you chain a bit, nothing more other than I have no desire to live in the 'Land of Lincoln'. Visiting is ok as well as hunting on the Joliet Artillery range, lots of nice deer inhabit it, but I only use a X bow. I get the heepy-geeby's having any firearm in Illinois and it always seems to get out west I have to travel through your state and it's usually with a number of firearms along.

Showing up on Pritzker's doorstep with ANY firearm would be an instant trip to the lockup for an extended stay, I'm certain.
https://www.gunrights4illinois.com/blog/transport-firearm-legally-illinois-illinois-state-police/

·
Registered
15,413 Posts
We do that when traversing your state. Long guns are in soft cases, bolts removed and stored in the case pockets and ammunition is seperate and neither the guns nor the ammunition is within easy reach, usually in the backseat of the truck or behind the back seat in the Burb.

I'm a very careful driver, especially in Cook County anyway. Don't need any police stopping me and seeing what we are carrying anyway. No point in aggravating anything, just passing through.

The Michigan Legislature just passed a bill making it illegal to open carry in the Statehouse. Interestingly, it don't address concealed carry at all. Think that is in response to the supposed protests coming up.

Not an issue with me because, one, I'm not attending and two, I would not open carry in the Statehouse anyway. Concealed is another story. I carry concealed in many places where 'no guns allowed' is posted. What they cannot see is my business, not theirs.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
The 20th will come and go around here without notice....God's in control

When the time was right,

The Sea Parted,
The Walls Came Down,
The Lions Went Hungry,
The Sun Stood Still,
The Stars Appeared,
The Sea Waves Were Calmed,
The Stone Was Rolled Away,
Our Lord Ascended...

And When The Time Is Right,
The King of Kings Will Return !!!

God is never early nor Late.
His Plans for Us are always Good.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you," declareth the Lord,
"Thoughts of peace, and not of evil, and to give you an expected end."
Jeremiah 29:11

·
Registered
71 Posts
20,000 National Guardsmen in DC; Guard called out all over the country; FBI issuing warnings of armed insurrection, which did not happen, at the impeachment vote; FBI issuing warnings of armed insurrection at all 50 state capitols on inauguration day. Folks, we are being set up. The FBI has been in the Democrats pockets since Obama was elected. Be prepared for Biden to declare martial law after he is inaugurated; the troops will already be in place. Everyone STAY HOME!!!

I Hope I Am Wrong;
OldFarmBoy

·
Registered
942 Posts
The left is hoping for something to happen so they can further oppress those they despise. If it does not happen on its own, they will instigate it as they did with the capital debacle and the useful idiots who accompanied them. Funny though, only the useful idiots were identified and arrested. None of the main group has suffered any consequences nor will they.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Watch for E. Holder and his minions to pass some of the left over 'fast & furious' arms to Antifa members.

That's what a friend over heard at the coffee shop this morning....

///

·
Registered
15,413 Posts
The left is hoping for something to happen so they can further oppress those they despise. If it does not happen on its own, they will instigate it as they did with the capital debacle and the useful idiots who accompanied them. Funny though, only the useful idiots were identified and arrested. None of the main group has suffered any consequences nor will they.
Why should they. They did nothing wrong. On another note, here in Michigan, the legislature enacted a no open carry in the Capitol building which, isn't a problem with me anyway. I cannot see any value in toting a long gun or openly displayed handgun in there anyway but interestingly it did not address or even mention concealed carry. I don't have an issue with it, at all.

·
Registered
15,413 Posts
It will be a normal day here. I'll get up at 7am, have my coffee, make my bowl of oatmeal (I have a bowl of oatmeal every morning on my doctor's advice, seems as though a daily bowl of oatmeal reduces calcification in your arteries, besides keeping you regular. Afther that, I'll check my email messages and log on here and the other 2 forums I frequent daily and after that, fill the bird feeders and go work in the shop until lunchtime, have lunch, take a nap (do that every afternoon, putter around, have dinner, do some more Internet surfing and off to bed promptly at 9pm.

Good routine for being retired. Last thing in my thoughts will be the newly ordained president, the one I will never recognize as my leader. Far as I'm concerned, we have no President. The occupier of that position is a liar, a cheat and a criminal.

Might go out on my range (weather permitting and expend some of the ammunition that I have an abundance of.

Reactions: Blackcloud2

·
Premium Member
11,641 Posts
I suppose that the ordination will take place at the alter of truth and lies?

All I know is that my President is taking a break and probably recharging the batteries...

You know, a day at the range sounds like good times... and to be clear, I'm talking about my club target range.

·
Registered
432 Posts
It will be a normal day here. I'll get up at 7am, have my coffee, make my bowl of oatmeal (I have a bowl of oatmeal every morning on my doctor's advice, seems as though a daily bowl of oatmeal reduces calcification in your arteries, besides keeping you regular. Afther that, I'll check my email messages and log on here and the other 2 forums I frequent daily and after that, fill the bird feeders and go work in the shop until lunchtime, have lunch, take a nap (do that every afternoon, putter around, have dinner, do some more Internet surfing and off to bed promptly at 9pm.

Good routine for being retired. Last thing in my thoughts will be the newly ordained president, the one I will never recognize as my leader. Far as I'm concerned, we have no President. The occupier of that position is a liar, a cheat and a criminal.

Might go out on my range (weather permitting and expend some of the ammunition that I have an abundance of.

Did you not just say this same dribble, other than leaving out the part where you take a dump, in your 3rd post above?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts