Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Very nice, but curious what cheap might mean?

I paid $850 for mine about a year back, thought I got a good price.
(the fun we have had makes it worth while regardless)

Jim

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Congrats on a super find, looks to be in great shape. “I guess you were lucky, weren’t ya!”

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
Less than $700. + shipping. Big Larry
Hey BL,

He shoots! He Scores!!

"Did I fire five? Or was it six? To tell you the truth, kinda lost track myself............."

That is an EXCELLENT example! (I even put the bib on the fool keyboard....have to go put it in the hamper) LOL!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
27,091 Posts
Very nice! Glad you found that beauty. Now we'll just wait for the range report.:D

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
10 Posts
Year’s ago when I was working in Wyoming, I won a steak dinner shooting my 6 1/2” Mod. 29-2 against an old feller shooting an old model Super Blackhawk. Wish I still had that Smith!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Looks like you did great! Congrats on a great gun, at a very fair price... Anything N frame seems to fetch good money these days.
I've got a 29-3 that I have thought about selling. It just don't speak to me, and is in the middle, too new for recessed cylinder, and too old for any of the performance enhancements.
I shoot my Ruger Redhawk a lot more, as I can build a big fire in it and not worry about shooting it loose. However after 20 plus years of hot loads, with heavy hard cast bullets, my wrist and elbow have shot loose. :(

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like you did great! Congrats on a great gun, at a very fair price... Anything N frame seems to fetch good money these days.
S&W .357 Magnum # S- 163827 001.jpg

I've got a 29-3 that I have thought about selling. It just don't speak to me, and is in the middle, too new for recessed cylinder, and too old for any of the performance enhancements.
I shoot my Ruger Redhawk a lot more, as I can build a big fire in it and not worry about shooting it loose. However after 20 plus years of hot loads, with heavy hard cast bullets, my wrist and elbow have shot loose. :(
I have Neuropathy in my hands and cannot feel anything. It's even getting hard for me to type. I have not fired a gun in over a year, and don't know if I can. A big bruiser like a 44 magnum is out of the question, although I load them down.
One gun I really want to shoot is my pre M27. I have access to a private range that was built on a friends property with my $$$. I just need to get there and do it. Thanks, Big Larry

·
Premium Member
19,955 Posts
Sweet acquisition!

·
Registered
17,213 Posts
I have the hand issues as well from chemo. No biggie. I shoot my 29 all the time. Was a gift from my dad. Not as nice as yours, quite a bit of holster wear. I load Sierra hollow points in Starline brass with Lil Gun. Never had a flame cut issue on the bottom of the top strap either. Nice Whitetail gun. Abrupt recoil and muzzle climb.. It's a 2 hander or I guarantee you'll wind up with a bump on your noggin, right above your eyebrows.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts