Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I know this is a long shot.. I am looking for some one that has the Die for straightening up the threads on a K-frame barrel. I have a barrel spotted for my revolver, but when it was removed, a burr around the Pin area, apparently roughed up the threads. From the pictures, it appears that the threads could be saved..
It would seem like a 5 -10 minute repair job for a person with the right die.
I would like to talk to you if you can help with this. Since I am not a borrower, and it would cost the same to ship the die as the barrel, I would be happy to pay a reasonable fee, and shipping both ways.
36 threads per inch is what I am looking for. The die is 70 bucks from Brownells, but not worth it for a one time use..

Should I give this up, and search for a another 2 inch K frame barrel?
This week end my long awaited new barrel, that I ordered last month, from Numrich, got lost in the mail Sadly the envelope arrived, with no contents inside. The customer service lady says they will make it right, but probably in the form of a refund, because they are out of them..
I am open to other ideas too.
Thank you..

BES

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Up on getting more info... The barrel turned out to be for a 15 or a 19. It has the taller sight on it, so it ended up being a no go.
Still searching....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts