Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
There were some Square butts, but I believe most were Round Butts. Not quite sure what you mean by "PC Grips".
Hope this helps...

·
Premium Member
8,087 Posts
Rojo,
The proper term would be Modified Magnas. The term PC grips is sort of a nickname.

The Model 10 has been produced for a long time. There are both square butt and round butt models.

I've seen both Modified Magnas and regular (squared off bottom) Magnas on Model 10s. I'm not sure what determined which was put on at the factory.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Standard Stocks for post war Model 10's and Pre-10's made after about 1948 were the "Modified Magna" type as per my photo that you put up here.

As my friend Carl indicates, both square and round butt patterns were available, but after the Second World War the largest percentage were square butts. (Thank You Carl for usage of the correct nomenclature.... the "other" slang description is like fingernails on a chalk board to me...)

10's, Pre-10's and 10's of all Dash Numbers made after 1948-49 may be seen with Target Stocks and in fact, some may have shipped with these, but again, most post war Model 10's were originally fitted with some sort of Magna stock.

Drew

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi guys , sorry , I am not explaining myself fully , below is a picture both are k frames on square butt frames , the left are square [ square ] butt and on the right are square butt PC grips .
so did all models 10 come with PC [ on the left] grips or did some also come with the grips on the right , the square [ square ] butt ??
many thanks, rojo

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
You are confused. Let me straighten you out.

In your photograph the STOCKS on the frame seen on the left are Standard "Magna" Stocks.

Those on the right are "Modified Magnas". Some uninformed folks call these "PC" stocks but that is not the earliest, correct, terminology. Anyone who has been around cops knows that guns sporting these stocks saw more use in Belt Holsters than in concealed carry.

Now that we have that resolved, yes, the stock type on the right were regularly fitted to Model 10's.

We got it now?

Drew

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi drew , if you lived closer I buy you a pizza with the works , I have a new lead on a model 58 cross you fingers for me , there are lot of top dollar model 58 lemons out there , many thanks, rojo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.