Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
18,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and count. I have it in 4 ammo cans, one of which I kind of forgot about. I was consolidating my standard velocity, 22 short & shot shell ammo all into 1 small can, then packing the rest as efficiently as I could. I have a bit more than I realized.
Anyone want to take a guess at how many rounds of 22 ammo are here?
Technology Electronic device Collection Furniture

Left can is steel, .50 caliber, next is an MTM plastic .30 caliber size, then a plastic .50 caliber size. The far right can is an XL can that holds roughly the contents of a .50 and a .30 size.

· Registered
18,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Back after Sandy Hook everybody was hoardin' .22 ammo. I counted up and I had about 7,000 rounds, some of it older that I am.
I even had some .22 Long ammo I bought several years ago.
Don't think I'm gonna run out.:cool:
Jim
I don't think I will run out either. I have been buying it pretty steady since Sandy Hook, but just a box or 2 at a time, especially over the past couple years since there was a huge variety at fairly low prices. That Federal I have in the red bulk boxes is my favorite. It shoots well and is the cleanest running 22 ammo I have come across

· Super Moderator
19,643 Posts
I tried to inventory my ammo shares once. But the computer kept crashing, and telling me it can't calculate numbers that high... LOL

· Registered
18,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 2 year old grandson. I want to ensure that I can take him out with a 22 as much as he wants when he gets a bit older. I have been in the "buy 22 ammo whenever you see a good deal" mode for the past few years. I guess I can try to undo that mindset for a while now.

· Super Moderator
36,412 Posts
I thought I would be, can't really tell how much depth to the cases so I knew it would be low. We probably have a few thousand rim fire here. For us .22 caliber would be:

Mainly 5.56mm but some .223. It is sandwiched between the 12 gauge buckshot and the .45-70. There is a case of 1,000 7.62 x 39 in front of the buckshot. We inventoried and Kenneth took a number of pictures of all of it before it went into storage.

· Registered
5,134 Posts
After the great .22 shortage, i vowed I would never be in those straits again, so I stocked up whenever I found .22 ammo at a good price. Currently have 12 plus containers ranging in size from 50 cal. ammo cans and larger. Lately, that has seemed to be a good idea since ammo is in short supply around here.

· Registered
5,567 Posts
At one time I got crazy and bought so much .22 LR that my wife began to complain about it taking up to much space in the closets, etc. Sold off about half the centerfire ammo and about half the .22 LR ammo. Paid off credit card. Now ... no regrets. Currently have enough .22 LR to keep my grandchildren very happy. As well, my beloved .22 LR S&W M-18 will not ever be merely a desk weight due to lack of ammunition. Have enough M-2 ball and components to keep my 03, 03-A3 and M-1 going for the rest of my life. Same with revolvers and pistols. If the dark forces of hate gain control, it's anybody's guess if the COTUS will even be sufficient to protect our rights. Ammo bought and saved is always a good idea. Sincerely. bruce.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.