Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a Detonics Combat Master from the Seattle Washington manufacturing era.
Two items trouble me that I would appreciate your help with.
First, the pistol fails to extract the fired round from the chamber regularly, but not all the time. I am shooting over the counter Federal 230 grain FMJs. Thoughts?
Second, the pistol fails to lock the slide in the rear position when the magazine runs dry. Has this happened to anyone else?
Thank you for your time.

-Jay

·
Registered
11,539 Posts
The extractor might need adjusting. The slide failing too lock back after the last round could be cause by the magazine. Try a new magazine for that. I never had an Detonics but your problem seems just like problems with other 45 auto's.

·
Premium Member
13,691 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I don't own one of these micro M1911 pistols, but found this article:

They say that these need more maintenance, and regular update of springs. including the recoil spring and magazine spring. The very short geometry in all areas of this gun probably make it more sensitive.

I would also check the extractor claw face, and verify that the extractor spring is in good shape (or replaced) and that the mechanism is clean.

A M1911 forum might help you find more people that have had experience with one of these.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts