Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered this knife from Budk.com for my son. It's about 3 times as thick as a machete with a 10" stainless blade and wood handles, costs $7. Now he is splitting oak planks into chips for the brisket today. Everybody wins. Well his mom still worries.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Very nice... what kind of steel? I'd like to see the after photos of the blade! Not bad for the money I bet...

·
Registered
402 Posts
That's a nice block of wood that ya got in your yard. It would made a nice backstop/target for some ninja throwing stars, tomahawk or other throwing knife.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
F150, it is a 440 stainless with a powder coat. The blade is fine but there is some black missing, which is expected with normal wear.

M58, yeah I got that from a special order lumber yard a few towns away for free. I asked the lady how much and she said if you can carry it take it. The trees around here don't get that big. It's a piece of Fir and it sees plenty of throwing knives. I had it setting on a plastic table, after my son threw a couple times I had no more table. I need to build a base for it out of wood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts