Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been going back to school to work on a history degree.

For most of us who are serious firearms collectors we are already amateur historians; I’m just trying to make my contributions a little more polished by learning from the pros!

I’m trying to put together a definitive monograph on New York City Police Department Trophy Guns.

I know some of the folks here have a Trophy Gun or two in their collection.

Known Trophy Guns:
Mayor’s Trophy
Police Commissioners Trophy
Chief Inspectors Trophy
Hiram C. Bloomingdale Trophy
Harold M. Gall Trophy
Harry Hershfield Trophy
George Kelrick Trophy
Frank J. Keeler Trophy
Edwin R. Masback (sometimes spelled Masbeck) Trophy
SPRING 3100 Trophy
Citizens Trophy

I’m asking that if you have one, you send me the best images you have on it as well as any data you may have such as factory letters, newspaper clippings. etc.

If you’re a dinosaur who actually received a Trophy Gun when you graduated from NYPD PA, I’d like to ask you a bunch of questions.

I’d be using it in my finished thesis project and would credit it as appropriate or anonymously if you prefer. Ultimately, if I ever finish my book, it'd be a chapter in that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,
RM Vivas
[email protected]

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a Edwin R. Masback Trophy gun as seen in this thread, NYPD Masback Trophy won by Prob. Ptl. John Komar...

I will get better pictures to you when I am able. Should be in a week or so. I also have a factory letter from Roy as well as an original copy of the Spring 3100 magazine (February 1951 issue) that the gun and Officer who won the gun were featured in. I will get pics/copies of these to you as well. Feel free to contact me at reloaderinms @ gmail.com (all together).

Best,

Chris Walley

1 - 2 of 2 Posts