Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or should I say camp deer!
I was part of large group of 18 guys that went up to the Sierras mountains this past week to camp, fish, shoot, and 4x4 rock climbing . While I was off fishing (and falling cracking my ribs, which is another story), we came back to find this deer in camp. I think she was making a statement not to be shooting in her forrest (or not to place targets in front of rocks, as some of the youngin's did!).

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Mickey D said:
I was part of large group of 18 guys that went up to the Sierras mountains this past week to camp, fish, shoot, and 4x4 rock climbing .....
Geeeeez. Looks like you wouldn't have to go to the Hospital for your Muscle Relaxants.... :p

Hope you heal okay Bro....

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
"...to camp, fish, shoot, and 4x4 rock climbing."

If I may draw your attention to the right foreground of your deer photo, I believe you left out a rather important aspect of your week. Perhaps a more accurate description would have been:

"...to camp, fish, shoot, 4X4, rock climb, and consume numerous alcoholic beverages of various tastes!"

It sure looks like a good time though Mickey D! Sorry to hear about your ribs though. Was that before, after, or the direct result of your consumption of the aforementioned drinks?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Everything looks cool except the Popov. Sauza & Absolute - good, Popov - brainrot & puke.
So, are you wearing your corset? weiweinp

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have you know, I brought the Absolute! kfjdrfirii

And it was the first to go.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Good man and I see we're back to the "classic" Mike tries to light one Avatar.
Thats how I'll remember you always my friend, suckin on a hand rolled Cuban/Portuguese!
Bet you can still taste the breast/thigh sweat. l;l;naaaa nbhaof hvapa;p;

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rimfired said:
Bet you can still taste the breast/thigh sweat. l;l;naaaa nbhaof hvapa;p;
You bet, the closer I get to Indiana, Jones! fnovnpoa

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Quarter Cherokee said:
Finally! A man who knows how to pack a bug-out bag.

But, dump the Sauza and pick up some Jose Cuervo gold.
I wouldn't wash QC's Honda Fit Hybrid in Jose Cuervo..... now what you want is Hornitos....

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Eh! Don't listen to Drew. Hornitos is what I use for foot fungus and hemorrhoids. Next thing you know, he'll be tellin' ya to soak your stogies in that vile, nasty fungicide.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Quarter Cherokee said:
Eh! Don't listen to Drew. Hornitos is what I use for foot fungus and hemorrhoids. Next thing you know, he'll be tellin' ya to soak your stogies in that vile, nasty fungicide.
If you'd stop drinking that awful commercial stuff you wouldn't have fungus or hemorrhoids....

Quervo is for mixing with lime juice and serving giggling girls looking to ruin their trust funds on spring break.... unless of course you're tawkin' 205 Tradicional Resposado... then again ya gotta turn a few agave stalks to find that stuff.... my last bottle No. 76382 is sitting in the back of my likker cabinet where the heathen passers by can't find it....

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Yeah, don't sweat it. When I used to go on my "walk abouts" one canteen held Jose Cuervo. For snakebites. I usually ran out of snakebite medicine before I ran out of snakebites.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Sometimes those damn snakes just won't cooperate... no matter how many times you reach down their holes and drag them out by their rattlers.....

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Well, yeah...sort of. I put the bite on them. They're tasty when slow roasted over Mesquite coals. Ya gotta do it right, though. I like 'em cooked dry and flakey. A couple of wild onions sliced in half and roasted go well with snake. Nopal, sliced thin and soaked in a little tequila, drained, lightly salted and browned make for a decent meal. Mesquite beans, in season, aren't too bad when made up into flatbread. Living in the desert for weeks on end makes for one tough hombre. You'd be surprized at how well one can adapt to a desert environment. You'd also be amazed at how quick Tunas ferment - I was. :D

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Quarter Cherokee said:
"..... Nopal, sliced thin and soaked in a little tequila, drained, lightly salted and browned make for a decent meal....."
I would have thought that if your going to go to all that trouble of picking spines outa your ass youd at least gather up some buttons and leave go of the tuna. Everytime I've handled the evil bastids you needed a blow torch, welder's gloves, riding chaps and a pair of wire cutters to get close enough to take a bite....

Hell, soaked in tequila, even Goatheads (Tribulus Terrestrius) are edible.... better yet, I prefer to shorten the process and soak my insides before hand... makes the stomach wounds heal faster..... they don't call them "Troubler of the Earth" for nothin'.....

You can have the Thirsty Land..... I much prefer my soft, green, gentle woods where you can lie down and take a nap under a tree without waking up to missing body parts or finding a cattle killer in your boot.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I am picking up on desert survival in here from QC. I just learned one thing to take. Booze if you drink enough you wont feel the pain as you die of dehydration.A good recipie for snake and Imagine some roasted scorpion for dessert would be ok to.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts