Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first day out hunting. I took the 629 5" and sat. I saw 2 or three through the brush but will not shoot with out knowing my target. As it got too dark to see the sight I started to get down and saw the neighbors cat had wandered up underneath me. I scared the heck out of it and he tore off up the trail.

Well its good to know I can be quiet enough to spook a cat. The deer are safe for now. There is still 2 months and 11 days!

:)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Ha, Nframe!

I've had that same score many, many times! Even tho, I'm sure it was a great day.

I still got 'til 11/15 for opening day gun season and it is only 2 weeks long, so I've had the "goose egg" score a few times.

I'm still getting prepared for this year and hope to post a range report including break-in tomorrow with pics. I plan on carrying 2 629s, 1 6" for short range and 1 7 1/2" with scope for out to 100yds.

Good luck on rest of season.

Dave

G

·
0 Posts
Not feelin' bad for you sittin' out there in the heat... :)

Y'all should come up my way for opening day. We'll put you out on a treestand on a bluff with the snow a swirlin' and a good gusty breeze. Only difference being in the Fisher Cat comin' up the tree to surpise you! Easy meal is what that Fisher will be thinkin'.... :mrgreen:

giz

·
Registered
19,786 Posts
I think that the deer know that they're pretty safe........when I'm in the woods. :roll: A long time ago, I saw a 4 pt. buck at 25-30 yards. "Buck fever" took over from there.
Need I say more???? :roll: Bob

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Giz, well that Fisher Cat would have a meal of frozen Southener!!! It was "down to" 47 when I came in off the stand and I was shivering so much I almost spilled the Jack I was pouring into my glass. Then I got in the hot tub to warm up!!

Bob, brother I've been that way so many times and still feel it. Buck fever makes for the worst trigger control ever!

:oops:

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Nframe said:
Giz, well that Fisher Cat would have a meal of frozen Southener!!! It was "down to" 47 when I came in off the stand....
Hell, it was warmer than that in my basement this morning.... :D

We can rig you up a tree stand big enough for a lap heater like this one....

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That lab er uh lap heater would make a good rest for shooting off too!! She prolly would have chased the cat away as well.

·
Registered
19,786 Posts
That's not the type of "lap heater" that I'd want. Something
about 5' 4", 120 lbs., and blonde would fill my 'tag'. :lol: Bob

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Bob K said:
That's not the type of "lap heater" that I'd want. Something
about 5' 4", 120 lbs., and blonde would fill my 'tag'. :lol: Bob
Bob, That's a great way to fall out of a tree stand..... don't ask me how I know....

·
Registered
19,786 Posts
Drew, That's probably why ....you "hunt" on the ground, nowadays!!! :lol: Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts