Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am from India. I have just purchased a S&W revolver, from an authorised dealer, on my Arms Licence, a .32 S&W Long, 3", Mod 31-1, bearing Serial No. H161***.

I want to know the year of make, etc. details of the same. Also, I will be grateful if the experts appraise the said Arm.

Can you help me? Please do.

Thanks in advance.

· Premium Member
23,249 Posts
welcome01 to the forum from the Wiregrass! Your 31-1 was shipped in 1982. It is in very good refinished condition. Should be a great shooter!

Reactions: mhksmk

· Premium Member
23,249 Posts
It appears to have been reblued. The hammer and trigger are blued which is not factory original. Also, the sideplate screw holes appear to be dished from over buffing. Still it is a nice looking .32 and should be a great shooter.

· Premium Member
7,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum from sunny Florida.

You have what appears to be a very nice Model 31 however I do have to side with Wiregrassguy on the refinishing.

I feel it is the complete firearm that was refinished and not just the hammer and trigger.

The bluing does not look factory in the color or polishing but that's just an opinion by looking at the photos and I am by no means an expert.

The gun looks to be in very good condition. Enjoy it.

Regards,

FlaRon weiweinp

This is an original factory finished S&W complete with holster wear.
Note the overall uniform color of the finish of the firearm and the finish of the hammer and trigger.
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
1968 Model 36
click image to enlarge....

· Registered
5,859 Posts
mhk,

Welcome!
I concur with the forum brethren, regarding the re-finish. It appears, also, from the pics that the edges of the side plate and/or adjacent frames edges became a bit rounded/chamfered because of the exuberant polishing. I am, frankly amazed at the remaining detail in logo and roll marks, but the pics are shaky in some examples.
I would opine a local (as in middle Tennessee) value of $250.00. Add 100-150 if you don't mention the refinish, or a motivated buyer doesn't care about such.

Mike

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
mhk,

Welcome!
I concur with the forum brethren, regarding the re-finish. It appears, also, from the pics that the edges of the side plate and/or adjacent frames edges became a bit rounded/chamfered because of the exuberant polishing. I am, frankly amazed at the remaining detail in logo and roll marks, but the pics are shaky in some examples.
I would opine a local (as in middle Tennessee) value of $250.00. Add 100-150 if you don't mention the refinish, or a motivated buyer doesn't care about such.

Mike
Bro, the scenario here in India is very funny due to Governmen weird legislation of banning Arms import. And, the ordnance factory makes very mediocre civilian issue Arms at absurd price.

Anyone, having a wild guess as at what price did the said Arm cost me?

You all will be surprised, the cost is 12300 USD.

· Premium Member
23,249 Posts
That's too bad. Shooting is really expensive there, but I hope you get a chance to shoot it. Those little .32s are sweet shooters.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.