Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I came across a Model 629-1, SN ALD0XXX, and am trying to figure out when it was born.
It has a 3" barrel, round butt frame, adjustable rear sights, an orange insert in the front sight, smooth face trigger, and wood combat style grips w/ finger grooves.
The story behind it is that it was found in a drawer when cleaning out an estate. It looks like maybe a box of ammo was shot through it (if that) before going into the drawer.
I am guessing 1985-1988 but would like to narrow the time to a specific year, or even better, month. Searches keep coming up with a "Lew Horton" but that distributer closed shop last year.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
/herb

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Hey Herb,

Welcome to S&W.

Had a Blue one w/unfluted cylinder. Guess mid to late '80's. Yes. It was a Lew Horton. (wish I had not let it go)

Later, Mark

·
Registered
27,257 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! Would love to see the 629-1 you speak of, any pics? Would also help us to answer any other questions you may have.:)

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! Would love to see the 629-1 you speak of, any pics? Would also help us to answer any other questions you may have.:)
Hey Curt,

Self Enabling doe not earn ENABLER POINTS! :D

Later, Mark

Reactions: Thewelshm
1 - 9 of 9 Posts