Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SW revolver and was looking for some information re date, name of model ie is this a kit gun?, value. Just curious. .22 cal and I added the Star grips as I really like them.
6inch, no model number
Ser #
V
280XX

I bought it about 8-9 years ago for around $550 and a local gunsmith needed to replace the firing pin due to misfires. Works great now.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
That’s not the serial number. The serial is on the bottom of the grip frame. You’re gonna have to take those grips off to get to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No wonder I could not find the serial number. K81xx appears to have been made around 1947. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
dcr-That K22 should have a six groove back strap, a single line address on the right front frame, and a tapered rib on top of the barrel. Mine is a superb shooter. One of may asperations is be become half as good a shooter as my K22 is a revolver. In the meantime, I’m enjoying the smell of powder burning. Hank

·
Registered
88 Posts
You have made a very fine purchase with the K22. I have one born in 1948, and it still looks new!!! Amazing firearms. I see you are fairly new to the forum so, WELCOME!!

Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts