Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,900 Posts
What model is it? The model number should be stamped just above the trigger on the left side of the pistol.
I find no references to any serial numbers starting with PBK. Hopefuly some other member might be able to chime in with a better answer.

·
Premium Member
13,669 Posts
For better results here, post clear sharp well lit photos showing the markings.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
SW 40 OP PBK3588 thanks for the follow up
I'm still a little confused. It must be an S&W SW40 variant... i.e., a Sigma series pistol made in various models between 1995 and 2012. What I don't get is the "OP" as that is not a suffix letter (or letters) I'm aware of. It doesn't appear anywhere in the Bible that I can see. I'm also not aware of any S&W semi-auto serial numbers beginning with the letter "P". That doesn't mean there aren't any... I just haven't personally come across any. :)

You may have to call S&W Customer Service on that one. They are very good about giving out birth dates. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm still a little confused. It must be an S&W SW40 variant... i.e., a Sigma series pistol made in various models between 1995 and 2012. What I don't get is the "OP" as that is not a suffix letter (or letters) I'm aware of. It doesn't appear anywhere in the Bible that I can see. I'm also not aware of any S&W semi-auto serial numbers beginning with the letter "P". That doesn't mean there aren't any... I just haven't personally come across any. :)

You may have to call S&W Customer Service on that one. They are very good about giving out birth dates. :)
Thanks for the help...informative...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts