Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a couple years back i picked up a 14-2 and i went a little crazy and bought a 8" heavy barrel/shroud BUT of course this has a fixed rear sight.
also the pistol was picked up in a trade as a snub with the tiny grip [dog leg?] and the PO had indicated it was the recipient of a less than stellar reblue. as in its very brownish looking[ i have a 20+ year old G20 that also is a little brownish].
i have a nice checkered grip that goes with the haevy barrel for the full experience.
now i would like to maybe have it machined for an adjustable rear sight and re finished if possible.
who would you guys recommend for such job?
i am a member of a Dan Wesson forum but there hasnt been any activity on it since 2008, so i thought i would ask over here.

thank you

Douglas Hunt

·
Super Moderator
14,019 Posts
There is activity at this Dan Wesson forum:

The finish on my 15-2 pistol pack revolver's frame has shifted to magenta color, so I expect that the early DW revolvers were not particularly uniform or stable in finish.

As to preparing one for an adjustable sight, probably more over on that forum have experience and suggestions.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Plum colored DWs aren't unusual or they can have a two tone frame & cylinder.
A 2 1/2 snub will go a long way toward a 6 in 15-2 DW. Put it back to original, sell it and keep the 8 in BA. Oh, Jeepnut really like the leather.
Cliff

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
Hey 230,

That's a good score!!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Cliff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here it is while i was experimenting with it, i had to buy the tools but it's kinda enjoyable changing it up
bought a smooth grip but ended up with the checkered grip...and the holo sight was just goofing around, if i don't get an adjustable rear sight on it, i will mount a scope on that barrel

it is a lot more purplely/brown in real versus the pics

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts