Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Dad's 38 that he bought for security guard work and never even fired, I think.
38 S&W Special CTG, 4" Barrel
SN# 5D819xx
Still in box, all papers, cleaning rod, etc.:bluelogo:
He got this back in the '80s; he's now in his 80's, and I would like some input on it.
May go to one of the grandkids, and want to have some idea of value.

5D819xx - Version 2.jpg
Mod 10-7 Ass#41328.jpg
Mod 10-7 5D819xx-b.jpg
Mod 10-7 5D819xx-c.jpg
Mod 10-7 5D819xx.jpg

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
HbG,

Welcome!

Nice heirloom, it do look clean!

I would say, with all the goodies, and depending on your AO and how motivated a buyer may be, $350.00 to $500.00.

But, were it my Dad's, it would be priceless in this house.

Mike

·
Registered
23,435 Posts
I believe your 10-7 was shipped 1977 - 79. However, it may have sat in a wholesalers or stores inventory for a while & your Dad bought it new in the 80's. Prices vary w/ location but that gun 'new in the box' w/ all the tools that go w/ it would bring about $500 here. Like Mike said though if I inherited it from my Dad it would be priceless. There are a lot of those M 10's made for the very good reason they were a basic but fine gun.

Reactions: msharley

·
Super Moderator
8,974 Posts
That is awesome, keep it in the family it's priceless!

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
:wlogo:Welcome from CA!:wlogo: Nice model 10! And I agree on the value. ... priceless!

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Hey HG,

Welcome to S&W.

Way to go, pics of Dad's Revolver on first post!

(way more value as a "keeper", than any amount of green foldy stuff, will ever be) IMO

Later, Mark

Reactions: TennSharpshooter

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Great looking gun. I love to see those guns that have been tucked away then reappear. I would keep it in the family. Worth more to you than anyone else.

·
Premium Member
19,958 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! If you are in the NC mountains, watch out for Hank (Triplelock). He claims to wander around his crick carrying multiple large caliber handguns to scare away bears, mountain lions and bigfoot. :D

Reactions: Triplelock

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Very nice. I should have a 10-7 Hong Kong Customs & Excise in hand in the next few days.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts