Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
ladder13,
I've owned a number of CZs...

75B, 97B, 52, 83...plus another I can't recall the model number...

I think they are great guns! I sold mine when I got divorced. I still have the 83 in .380 cal.

I do not think you can go wrong!

Here's a link:
http://www.czforumsite.info/

G

·
0 Posts
Figuring the price point...I would not hesitate in saying the CZ75B is the best semi value on the market. They are near flawless in their actions, made of good steel, and accurate as hell...

Giz

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
I have only one, a CZ40B. It's a CDNN special, new for $289 two years back. I got it as a house gun and I've only put about 2 hundred rounds through it and it's an extremely accurate shooter. Not many rounds fired, but no jams or misfires, I like it and have recommended it to others at work.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I have a CZ 75 no B. My brother brought it back from germany.It came with a styrofoam clamshell box with a card board green and white slip over cover with the CZ emblem on it and two extra clips.It is the non blued black what ever they put on it looks like powder coat.There are no import marks on it since my brother brought it back from europe and he was a G.I.
I went through a divorce a few years ago and drug up and went to florida where my parents were for a while and took all my guns with me.I left it with my dad who asked me if he could keep it for a while in his head board for a protection piece.
He died almost two years ago and my mother prefers a little colt cobra I also left so I need to go get it and some other guns my Dad left to me.
I will see if I can get her to take a picture of it and send me to post.My brother and I shot a box through it and at the time I had never heard of a CZ 75. I found it to be like shooting a browning high power.It had a simular feel to it well balanced and extremely accurate.
I read up on CZ and they have been around a very long time and well known in europe and built military weapons for many years. They make high quality stuff that is still cheaper in price not quality than most brands here.

G

·
0 Posts
I have a 75 compact and had a full size BD, the decocker action left a little to be desired compared to the standard 75 action IMO.

The trigger reach is a little too far for my hand, but not so much I couldn't adapt to it. I've often thought of swapping the trigger for an SA style trigger.

I've also got a 82 or 83, don't recall which is which, it's the surplus gun in 9mak, once upon a time that 9mak cost nearly nothing to shoot, it's shame those days are over.

Both the 75's and the mak are more accurate than me and they "point" real well, which is a plus to me.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
I had one in 45 acp and it ate everything I fed it with zero problems. Traded it off and should not have

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
James Clifton said:
To those that have fired or had the CZ 45.How do they compare with the COLTS,GLOCKS,KIMBERS etc.??
Jim
Apple and oranges and strawberrys
The CZ is an all steel double action
Glock is a polymer DA with 'that trigger'
Colt and Kimber {guessing you mean the 1911s} are single action
I have never shot a S&W double action pistol in 45 so? I would certainly look at the 45XX pistols, side by side with the CZ ,if posible

·
Registered
77 Posts
The CZ 75 is one of the best 9mm pistols ever made. Even Jeff Cooper liked it, saying that if you were going to carry a 9mm, this was the best.

I've had this pre-B 75 for several years, and it's totally reliable. As someone else said, it has handling characteristics similar to the Browning Hi Power, though the grip is fatter and the controls are totally different. The 75 has a really good, smooth DA trigger, and as a side benefit, this model (like most, if not all of the others) allows cocked and locked carry. I'm not totally up on all the newest innovations from CZ, and for various reasons I don't feel the need to collect a bunch of them, but I do like mine quite a lot.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Shhhhhhh !!! CZ 75s rock !!! Super-accurate, never, ever, any failures of any kind. Bought mine with 6 mags for $350 ! Try finding a deal like that now ! Here's my 75 BD wearing her new Hakan Pek grips. Everyone needs to own one of these in my opinion, you won't be sorry, Shoo

·
Registered
402 Posts
Just two CZ's.
The 1st one is a CZ "Duo" .25 caliber that I aquired in a trade. It is a Colt model 1908 vest pocket clone and it has always gone bang when I pull the trigger. It is very reliable for such a tiny little pistol. I have fired hundreds of rounds through it over the years without problems. When my kids were growing up it was one of their favorites to shot. We'd hang a bunch of ballons on the target frames and on the backstop of the range and we would blast these ballons from about 7 yds or so. Another drill was to empty the mag into the head of a B-27 target just as fast as the trigger could be pulled from around 3 - 7 yds. as this is really what this pistol is designed for. Up close and dirty. It is a good pistol for learning to point shot as it has a tiny sight radius and no sights at all. I did some research on this pistol and learned that it was built in 1954.

My other CZ is the 9x18 Makarov, model 82. This is the military version of the CZ 83 which fires the .380. The 9x18 round is slightly more powerful than the .380 and I have found some CCI Blazer ammo that is loaded with the 90 gr Gold Dot bullets that will feed and fire reliably out of it. So far, my first impressions of this pistol are very favorable. I picked it up last week and I need some more range time with it before I consider it totally good to go. It was built in 1988.

I have been sorely tempted more than once to aquire a CZ-75. I would try to aquire an older pre-B model with the round trigger guard as this model appeals to my eye the most. The only reason why I haven't is because I have a Browning HP and a West German Sig P-226 to feed and another 9mm child would be difficult to keep fed.

The CZ's are well built, accurate, and reliable firearms that truely are bargins in this day and age.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have a CZ40b and love it.I also have a pre b cz75 with the best DA trigger pull I've ever felt on a automatic.My CZ83 is my truck gun,lots of firepower in a small package.Last but not least,well in a way it is,I have a .25 in DAO.I think it is a model 45,cool little gun with a gold colored trigger and hammer.When I had to trim down my pistol collection these were the auto's that I kept.I liked my CZ's better than my Colt's or Browning's. kubvcabo hvapa;p;

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My first CZ experience was with a 40P. I didn't know much of anything about CZs at the time, and it turned out this one was a pistol with an attitude. The 40P is a finicky gun, according to all online about it and personal experience, possibly designed only for ball ammo if you believe the rumors. I can tell you the 40P does not have a good history of feeding any ammo that isn't ball. I used to spend some time on the CZ forum, and it seems that most owners of the 40P have trouble with them. But I must add, that when that pistol had a good afternoon, it was a great shooting gun, very accurate and easy.
So I discovered CZ pistols and the 40 S&W, I guess I am among the few who like the round.
Today I own other .40s, and my 1 and only CZ is a 75B that I picked up as an unfired saleman's sample, a condition I soon fixed. I really like my 75B, as the rest of you have said, a really great 9mm and not a lot of money either.

·
Registered
9 Posts
in 9MM have the PCR which is the alloy decocker version of the 75's, 75B in brushed nickel and a Witness (CZ clone) in 45. All have been great with zero problems. Also have SW and Colt semi's

·
Registered
593 Posts
LarryFlew said:
CZ 75D PCR (police czech republic) compact alloy frame. LOVE this gun, light and accurate. Decocker DA/SA.
I've been looking for one of them.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts