Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, first a sincere thanks to the craftsman at Heirloom Precision, Ted and Jason for this piece built for my wife. All was taken into consideration for her with small hand size, left handed, and some physical limitations.

The gun is exceptional and the way the rear sight is part of the frame shows a lot of skill as well as planning. The sight just pop ups with the gun is at eye level with the contrast of black over stainless. Action smooth, clean, crisp in both double and single action. There is a lot of fine detail in the piece.

As always, pardon my limited experience at pictures and again, thanks to the craftsmen at Heirloom.

We have been kicking around a revolver project for several years now and finally got to it. This is the first of four M65's. Two 3 inch depending on work load at Shot and one more 3 inch mid to late summer 2010.

·
Registered
20,205 Posts
Great looking gun!!! What type of wood are those Spegel Boot Grips??? Your photography skills are on par with the best that I have seen. Bob

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great model 65! It has to be my favorite all around gun! I have a 3inch that goes everywhere with me...woods walking...city walking..you name it ..a very adaptable gun.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I like the looks of the muzzle. Nice, the way it was counter-bored. Overall, a very attractive treatment. Normally, I wouldn't look twice at an altered firearm, but that would definately give me second thoughts. If you don't mind, how much did that set you back?

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
PT Pards,
Like anything built for one purpose, there is always an inherent beauty.
That 65 is "working" art. The subtle meticulous detail work, enhancing the 65's already clean lines is magnificent, culmanating in that chamfered barrel crown. That crown job, alone, is, to me, grand art deco.

Thanks for sharing,
Mike

·
Super Moderator
33,417 Posts
Great pictures of all three guns. kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
20,205 Posts
Lots of people can appreciate a modified Smith......especially if it's done as nicely as that one. S&W is a manufacturer of fine handguns, but, they also try to cut costs in prodution. A"custom revolver" is, after all, an improvement to the basic production gun.

It's like building a Mustang GT 500. It's a great car.......but it can be made better!!!!!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
That is simply stunning work.

Looks to me like the rear sight began as a C&S Extreme Duty rear and was machined down to fit within the lines of the K frame.

I dig the highly polished face of the trigger.

Beautiful, outstanding!

·
Registered
10,951 Posts
Very nice indeed. I could get used to that one

1 - 11 of 11 Posts