Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,983 Posts
That is a SWEET looking revolver! Congrats.

Reactions: Boriqua and jeepnut

·
Registered
16,923 Posts
That one looks to be well worth the wait. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
10,388 Posts
Thanks for posting this. It's an impressive SA revolver.

Checking out their website, I see they also make M1911a1 pistols. Those are more in line with what I shoot. My interest is peaked!

·
Registered
9,244 Posts
That std. mfg. Single action put Colt's to shame. Order one from colt and it cost around $3500.00 IIRC and the wait is about 2 years. What are the grips? Ivory?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Stunning gun!!
I visited/am visiting their site... man they have a HUGE facility .. why is it we havent heard more about them? Or was I just out of the loop?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Congratulations on a beautiful acquisition! Wish I had the discretionary funds to make an investment like that.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stunning gun!!
I visited/am visiting their site... man they have a HUGE facility .. why is it we havent heard more about them? Or was I just out of the loop?

Standard Manufacturing has only been in business since 2017. They started rolling out the SA line in early 2018. Conneticut Shotgun ( much more well known and been around a long time ) is their parent company. Their philosophy is more intune with filling the void left behind by USFA rather than competing with Colt. Although they have a product that easily competes with Colt and their customer service destroys Colt.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Standard Manufacturing has only been in business since 2017. They started rolling out the SA line in early 2018. Conneticut Shotgun ( much more well known and been around a long time ) is their parent company. Their philosophy is more intune with filling the void left behind by USFA rather than competing with Colt. Although they have a product that easily competes with Colt and their customer service destroys Colt.
Thank you for the information! They have a 1911 on there that is within my pocketbook reach that honestly looks to be a bargain so long as we can still call $1300 guns bargains. Another smaller gun shop that I was considering was Fusion. Buddy of mine swears by their 1911's but just seeing the attention to detail on your gun ... I might have to start a 1911 fund for Xmas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts