Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve read a number of complaints, or at least observations about the hinged trigger, vs straight pull 1911.

The CSX design would need a complete tear up to make it straight pull
1-disconnect operates differently.
The 1911 trigger is guided in the frame, pushes on the disconnect and the disconnect bar pushes the sear. When the slide moves back it pushes the disconnect down, and it moves past the sear. The photo is from American Handgunner website. I add yellow arrows that show the bottom of the sear and top of the trigger bar. A solid yellow line shows the interconnect surface between them. Shown in the ready fire position.
Tool Bicycle part Font Auto part Bicycle accessory

The CSX trigger bar pushes the safety bar and sear in parallel, side by side.
The disconnect bar pushes down on the trigger bar so it is below the sear. The trigger bar must pivot down to enable this. During reset the trigger bar pivots upward back over the safety bar and sear. The entire safety and disconnect system would have to change, to have a straight pull.

The thumb safety performs the same action as the disconnecter does during operation. It pushes the spring loaded trigger bar below the sear. It does not physically block the hammer. none of the safeties block the hammer, but you still have the firing pin block. It is not disabled unless pull the trigger all the way back.
This pic shows trigger bar with the safety off and the trigger pulled back until it touches the safety bar, then the sear or the wall . It pushes on the safety bar and the sear together after that point.
Automotive tire Gas Bumper Rectangle Font

This pic shows the safety on and the trigger pulled back approximately to the wall showing it would not activate the sear. I’ll cover the similar reset position separately.
Font Gas Motor vehicle Metal Engineering

· Super Moderator
19,592 Posts
You're describing modifying a firearms critical components with tolerances well below what the eye can see and attempting these types of changes can be very dangerous and certainly deadly if done incorrectly. These changes should never be attempted at home without the proper training, skill set and tools.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're describing modifying a firearms critical components with tolerances well below what the eye can see and attempting these types of changes can be very dangerous and certainly deadly if done incorrectly. These changes should never be attempted at home without the proper training, skill set and tools.
I appreciate your input, as you clearly have more experience on the forum and what is appropriate, and likely with guns in general.

This particular post contains no instructions on modifying the gun, but merely explains the function of the gun around the area of many comments. A hinge trigger versus a straight
pull trigger. I believe the more people know about how their gun operates ultimately the safer they will be

Please explain why this is inappropriate.

My only intention is to give observations and potential improvements to a gun, I think is a new and welcome model in the market if executed properly. It’s now the best ccw I’ve owned.

If there’s a more private messaging system to receive insight and instruction on what should and shouldn’t be in the forum without creating lots of reaction please do so.
I certainly don’t want to start arguments and lose sight of what’s intended.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts