Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Son finished school last thursday and wanted to celebrate. I took friday off work and we hooked up the boat and headed to the lake. We got into a nice mess of crappie, quite a few 12" plus. Thats pretty nice size around here, I know other parts of the country thats average, all in all a very nice day.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
looks like a beautiful day for it! Glad to hear you and your kid were out on the water doing wholesome, red blooded father son stuff. kfjdrfirii

G

·
0 Posts
It has been ages since I caught crappie or bluegill. Mostly because dad was the one to cook them all the time. Big mistake. turned me off on fish in general.

Catching them was fun.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I love crappie and I can picture those on a plate right now. I have a friend who lives out in Big Sandy Tenn. Little town on the edge of kentucky lake. He has been catching crappies left and right out there and calls me up on the phone trying to con me into comming out for a visit and some fishing telling me he is so full he cant move and such things.
I gotta get out there one of these days they have 242 species of fish in the lake and they all get huge.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sebago son, Thats a whopper you have on that plate, nice pic. is that average at Sebago Lake?

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Yes it is.... that's a 12" dinner plate. As I recall he was over 14".

We don't get nearly as many, 4 on a good day is alot... but what we do get are worth filleting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts