Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always been a sucker for good leather.
Left to right...38/44 HD in a Lawrence cross draw.
S&W 57 6" in an El Paso Rig(fits well).
S&W 25-5 in a rig outta Idaho..forget the name and last Model 58 in a
Lawrence flora rig.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Great holster rigs!

That Geo. Lawrence on the left is a #36BH and is one of my favorite Lawrence designs.

It is a classic "California-style" western holster for DA revolvers.

I believe that the other Lawrence is a #24. I know they were offered with basket and floral stampings, but I've never seen one that wasn't plain.

xtm

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Hi Xfuzz.
Is that third holster a Eubanks out of Boise?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
S&W revolvers in leather holsters. Wow. The only thing better than that is carved holsters and you've got that base covered as well! Very, very good looking stuff....

·
Registered
669 Posts
I've got a couple or three. S&W Mod 696 in a stamped Ross Holster, Mod.27 5"bbl in a stamped Safariland Mod 29 and a S&W Gunsite 1911PD in an El Paso Belt Rig

Bob

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
My pre 36 3" in a basket stamped Roy Baker Pancake Holster.

Pre model 27 6.5 barrel Holster is a carved Colorado Saddlery

Pre 27 in Lawrence madeTexas Jock Strap holster model 130

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Here's a rough old cobb snuggled up to a Geo Lawrence 3/4 Flap.

That iron spent 30 years "Running the River" in West Texas... It is said it's owner killed more men than cholera...

Today this pair sees gentler duty in the respectful hands of my Oldest Son who fields it often.....

·
Registered
9,504 Posts

Shown this one before, not pretty but a cop's working rig. A Jay-Pee Spring Lock Safety Holster A swivel holster that holds 30 spare rounds of 38/357. The K-38 is 1948 vintage, I believe the last year for the tapered barrel.
Xfuzz your holsters ARE pretty, I have nothing comparable, my holsters are all utilitarian
and they take a beating. I have an old H H Heiser holster but it is also a plain Jane. Much impressed with your rigs.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts

Another ugly, but different. A semi-shoulder holster by Brauer Brothers of St Louis, MO. the straps held it to your belt, there was a metal tang that fits into the top part of the holster, this raises the snub revolver close to where a shoulder rig would position your revolver. The revolver was drawn cross-draw, the holster had a tension screw to secure your weapon. The holster could also be taken off the strap part and worn as a regular cross draw on the belt, if desired. The snub nose is a M&P square butt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts