Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went a strollin Tuesday. Its still a touch early for the desert to have woken up but you can start to see a lot of new growth struggling to get up and there was the starts of lots of color. Lots of weeds but I just think of it as desert lawn. Going to be in the upper 70's maybe even low 80's in a couple days so it should pop quickly. Also ran across some teen aged coyote. They are pretty fun to spot and .. I think a little early in the year. To fast and couldnt get any shots and of course when I was back on my motorcycle and headed home I spot a beautiful young white horse but I had to photograph it with my eyes and store it to internal memory. Maybe I will catch him next time.

Anyway .. just a couple of quickies.

DSCF1759sm.JPG

DSCF1778sm.JPG

DSCF1788sm.JPG

DSCF1816sm.JPG

DSCF1771sm.JPG

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh and rabbits .. jeez I must have startled at least 10 VERY healthy looking rabbits with giant white puffy tails. I mean .. just beautiful.

I have never heard of a rabbit hunting season in AZ but I dont hunt so I just know whats in season from gifts I get .. Got a batch of smoked dove one year .. yummy as hell .. and I usually get some type of jerky which tells me what is in season.

So if no rabbit season .. at least the snakes will eat well.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's snowing here.. 1-3 inches expected overnight. Won't see flowers here for at least a month. Spring showers here are white.
LOL ... I dont know what happened to my blood .. SNOW! .. it gets below 50 and i start whining its to damn cold!

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
Oh and rabbits .. jeez I must have startled at least 10 VERY healthy looking rabbits with giant white puffy tails. I mean .. just beautiful.

I have never heard of a rabbit hunting season in AZ but I dont hunt so I just know whats in season from gifts I get .. Got a batch of smoked dove one year .. yummy as hell .. and I usually get some type of jerky which tells me what is in season.

No closed season on rabbits, w/ a hunting license you can shoot the fruit tree chewing, lawn eating, garden wrecking varmints all year. They tell me some people actually eat the nasty flea-infested things. Barbequed doves w/ a banana pepper stuffed inside & wrapped w/ bacon is downright good eating.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks nice. Any fish in that crick? Fresh snow in the mountains here. Luckily nothing on the valley floor.
Thats the salt river and the reservoir let loose a little extra water early because of all the rain. In about a month where i am standing to take the picture will be under water. Great place to take an early morning dip in the heat of summer. I have seen guys pull trout out of there a few times. Nice ones!

I would love to try but i am the worlds worst fisherman. I could be bleeding and standing in a bucket of pirahna and still not get a nibble!

Still I think i may get a fishing license this year and try canyon lake

·
Registered
3,453 Posts

You're missing out. Rabbits are delicious.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DAMNIT!!! in the quest to save me from myself parts of AZ outdoors was closed up. So what did that mean .. that meant that the paved nice big parking lots that were available were closed up. Didnt stop people from going out .. just meant they had no where to park off road. I was out yesterday and in the 5+ years that I have lived in east East mesa and traveled around Old bush highway and canyon lake I have NEVER seen so much traffic. Seems the people from phoenix with all their parks closed ran out this way. It was mayhem.

Everyone just parked off on the dirt shoulders on top of one another when there were large lots available where I never see 2 cars next to one another. With them Slamming the brakes to dive off the road or diving into traffic .. this two wheeled traveler had to have his head on a swivel!!

Police came by and stuck towing stickers on everyones windows .. you know those ones that are a bear to take off. What a mess. Wish they would stop protecting us.

Anyway .. went out to sugerloaf and there were dozens upon dozens of off road vehicles running around right where a ton of people set up shooting since some of the ranges have closed... What could go wrong!?

anyway ... I did manage to get some photos damnit!!

Porta photo album

Testing a new lens so some are similar but .. if you like flowers .. you may like these??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts