Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by LGS and was chatting with my friends and looking around at the used Single Actions. I spotted this endless barrel on the bottom shelf. I asked about it and turns out was a Buntline Single Six. Well she was dirty, as it does appall me how some people treat their guns. Everything did work and is a convertible but is missing the 22 LR cylinder. Settled on the price of 300 OTD. Took her home and spent all afternoon cleaning but I think it was well worth it. I have time to look for a replacement cylinder. Now need to schedule a range trip.

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
Hey Jeep,

With that barrel, will maximize the velocity of the 22mag!

Ought to be great on vermin, tree rats & such!

Have fun!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Curt360 and jeepnut

·
Registered
417 Posts
Man... That is even longer than my 8 3/8 inch Mod 14. Must be 10 inches at least?
Love those long barrels, and the extra sight length helps me a out.
A friend that I teach hunter Education with has one, and I tried to trade him out of it, but no luck. He is one of those guys that you mentioned... That dont take care of his stuff.
I ended up with one, a year or so ago, but the shorter barrel.
The Ruger Singles will make a better shooter out of you, the long lock time will make you work at trigger control, and follow through.
Myself and 3 others were together shooting these at the range a year or so back. Lots of fun when everyone is shooting the same gun. Hitting 12 inch plates at 100 yards was pretty easy, once we figured out how much front sight to hold up.
Shot way less ammo, than I would have with the Ruger MK 2. Another plus in these times we live in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts