Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I like conversion revolvers. 9mm in .357 and 45ACP in 45 LC and so on. Has anyone ever done a 41 magnum/10mm/40S&W conversion. I want all 3 but I'm afraid the case dimensions don't come out equal. I suppose a cylinder swap would work but I was looking to just machine the back of the cylinder to accept moon clips. Anyone heard of such a conversion?

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
Revolvers w/ interchangeable cylinders have been made for .38-40 & 10mm, I suppose one for .40 could work too. My references don't show the exact diameter of a .41 so I don't know if it's doable. If you cut a cylinder to accept moon clips how would you headspace the rimmed .41's?

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
The problem would be that the 41 Magnum bullet is .410" so you would need a new barrel in a conversion as well another cylinder. The 610 does use either 40 S&W or 10 mm with moon clips without a change of anything other than ammo.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Seeing how a 610 will shoot 40 S&W just fine what you really need to do is ream out the cylinder for 10mm Mag and call it good. Choose your ammo according to what you feel like shooting, weak, normal, invigorating. ;)

bob

Reactions: Bob K and Injunbro
1 - 5 of 5 Posts