Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been carrying my bodyguard 380 in a concealed 'Sticky' brand Holster. I love the holster and it's great for it's intended purpose. The issue that i'm running into is this: I carry the 380 in my back pocket. Since the 'Sticky' brand holsters are a softer holster, i guess i have been turning the laser on whenever i sit down on the gun. Now my battery is shot and i have to replace it. That won't be a problem. My question to all of you is, any good ideas on a holster that is hard enough to where the laser won't turn on when i sit down and still somewhat slim and soft so it's comfortable? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same gun / holster and I carry mine in my right front pocket. Never had an issue with the laser accidently getting turned on. So let me ask you this: Is there an advantage to carrying in the back vs. the front pocket or is it personal preference?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check out Uncle George's wallet holster. I've used one to carry my LCP in a rear pocket for a couple years. Well made, reasonably priced, and firm enough to protect the laser switches - I've got one on order for my BG380 that I just picked up yesterday.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Of course you are going to have trouble with back pocket carry. If you want to carry it and not damage the laser, you have to go front pocket.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Of course you are going to have trouble with back pocket carry. If you want to carry it and not damage the laser, you have to go front pocket.
I've NEVER read that you can "damage the laser" from rear pocket carry. Any articles or forum threads you can reference?

·
Registered
14 Posts
The only thing that might get scratched is the front lens, but the internal workings of the laser are well protected by the frame.

I could see how back pocket carry would lend itself to shorter battery life, as the laser buttons could be inadvertently depressed.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1 Posts
You could take it out of the pocket i just started a new lie of holster at Ferguson Leather for small conceal the pics are with a derringer but i can also build with a bodyguard or a sig. if your interested give me a call and leave me a message. Justin 208 697 1650

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts