Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Inspired by thewelshm's post from a week or so ago

So .. here it is .. Corona survival meal Sunday March 29th .. I dont know folks how much longer I can put up with eating like this but .. things are pretty desperate right now :)

20200329_145734.jpg

Some ribs and rice and beans.

The ribs are done in a Charcoal Weber .. since real men cook with Charcoal!! :D

I have used the little weber for about 10 years. Love it.

So I use a tin pan that because I am lazy and dont want to wash it afterward but .. any pan that you can cover and will support the ribs works.

I make my pile of Coals and let them start getting grey. I then use a utensil to pile the coals all around the edge of the grill leaving the center mostly empty. I put a single sheet of Heavy aluminum foil on the cooking grill where it will sit right under the tin pan so that the smoke and heat comes up mostly from the sides and not directly under the pan.

I place the ribs in the pan and I take a little sauce pan. Now I never measure anything but .. its about ..

a tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
Hefty table spoon+ BBQ suace
Hefty table spoon+ of Duck Sauce
A little teriyaki (the thick one is best)
about a level tablespoon of ketchup
a heafty tablespoon of chopped garlic
a fair squeeze of honey .. I like honey so my squeeze might be different than yours
a good sprinkle of Adobo
Heavy teaspoon black pepper

Bring that mixture up slowly .. you dont want it hot so just keep stirring until its all stirrable. Usually when the butter melts its ready.

In the bottom of the pan I put about an 1/8- 1/4 inch of water but Chicken bullion works very nicely
Put the meat in the pan
Using a brush or spoon slather the meat with the sauce .. Lay it on thick!

Once its painted up nice and thick cover the entire thing with a healthy crust of Lemon pepper ... YUM!

Cover the pan tight with aluminum foil and place on the center of the grill on the piece of aluminum foil and set the vents about half way open top and bottom

I cook for about 1 hour and then lift the cover and move the cover vent to the other side. You could just turn the pan if you are using gas

Then I cook it for about another hour still covered. ... Today I only did half since it was only the wife and I so it was 45 minutes + 45 minutes

Make your side ..

At the end of the 2 cycles uncover the meat and open the vents and let the charcoal work its magic on the surface for about 20 minutes, half hour depending on how much meat you have in there.

even my friend with his dentures has no problem just pulling the meat apart with his fingers ad eating it. Just crunchy enough on the surface to make things interesting but .. melts in your mouth. Falls off the bone as you pick it up and oh so tasty.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
Made a new dish tonight - boneless skinless chicken breast baked in Caesar dressing; with my wife's baked yellow squash casserole, nice and filling; tomorrow will be stuffed peppers using Jimmy Dean in lieu of bland ground beef

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks excellent! I finished up the beans that I made yesterday using your recipe this morning with my eggs. I'll be making more of those for sure.
Happy I could be of service!
My friends come over and usually ask ... "you making rice and beans" I always make enough food for doggy bags which seem much apreciated.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks delicious. We used to eat pork and beef, but do not eat either anymore. We do eat lamb, goat and even (VERY occasionally) some ground camel meat. Mostly, though, lamb is our red meat.
I love lamb but seldom find it on the shelves :(

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
It’s ok a little plagiarism is fine mate :)

Thewelshm

Reactions: Boriqua

·
Registered
679 Posts
I love lamb but seldom find it on the shelves :(
The only reason we have a Sam's Club membership is so we can buy the New Zealand lamb they carry. When we go, I get enough to stock the freezer for at least 3 months. Other than that, it is a crap shoot trying to find lamb at the regular grocery stores and when you do it is American Lamb which is not all that good and priced higher per pound also.

A friend who lives in the tidewater area of Virginia brings me several pounds of goat stew meat when they come to visit us. It is not EASY to get what I want, but it is doable.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
I can NEVER find American lamb anywhere; I think it is all raised for pet food. I used to live in northern NV and around Winnemucca, the Basques have huge sheep herds that they graze on BLM land, but you never see it anywhere except for the Basque restaurant in Winnemucca and Reno. I like the NZ stuff, but it is scarce and expensive when you find it. It is cheaper to do thick pork loin chops

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
Dump it out and try to eat the pan...!
Do ya know why they call it Rump Roast...?
Nobody'd eat it IF they called it Cow A$$...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts