Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
There is one company in Atlanta - Georgia Arms that I think is still in business. I've checked their web site from time to time and found that they would have some loaded/reloaded ammo in some calibers. For example, I think they have some 45 Long Colt right now. You just have to check from time to time. Good luck!

·
Registered
26,151 Posts
Yep, one in Gadsden Alabama; their brand of remanufactured is called Summit; local gun range sells it. They also have a line of new ammo using all virgin components; but at their current asking price of $32/50 9mm115fmj, I'll pass.

·
Registered
824 Posts
RBS Ammo in Burlington, WA. Last I knew they were still in business.

Joe

Reactions: NWDave

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
LAX Ammo is still running as well.

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
10,136 Posts
Thanks. High prices everywhere.
Hey DB,

As was posted in several other threads....primers are selling for $200/1,000!

Prior to this nuTiNeSs! Primers were $35/M.

Commercially cast bullets were $85/M.

Powder in bulk was $16/lb.

My target 45acp load, using 1/2lb powder/M, cost me $128/M.

Powder is now over $30/lb.

Bullets are $110/M

The same 1,000rds of ammo will cost me $325/M!

Nearly triple.

So, for the commercial loader to make a buck, he will have to charge $400/M. At a minimum.

Hope this helps....?

Later, Mark

Reactions: Cliff

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Mark,

Tsk, tsk. Why should the reloading company make a profit. Same with the LGS. They should sell at a loss so gunowners get deals. Making a profit might allow them to stay in business so we won’t be dependent on the big National companies for our supplies.

Don’t you know anything?

Kevin

·
Registered
310 Posts
Miwall Corporation, located in Grass Valley, CA. which is east of Sacramento, CA on I-80.
They sell their own reloads and other manufacturers' ammo.
They sell online and show up at gun shows across the western US.

Ultramax Ammunition - new and reloaded ammunition supplier in Box Elder, South Dakota.

And a host of smaller local companies across the US.

·
Registered
19,400 Posts
Just sold 1000 rounds of Lake City OFMB loaded with H322 , CCI small rifle primers and 55 grain Hornady SPBT's for a buck a round. I didn't charge any sales tax either, private sale. He was tickled to get them too. Cases were FL resized and annealed and wet media tumbled too. I'll put that towards my hunting trip. He wanted more but I'm hesitant about selling too many, I may need them myself.

.223's are going for an average of a buck 30 a pop here if you can get them.

Just bought 5 100 round boxes of 30 cal, 168 grain Berger VLD hollow point Elite Hunters from EAB at 45 bucks a box. I have around 500 not loaded in anything in a Berger bulk box.

I was told that Bass Pro was selling 8 pound jugs of Varget for 400 bucks a jug. Gee, I have at least 30 pounds of it. Crazy prices. Last time I bought Varget, it was 60 bucks a jug.

I think it's a government sponsored plot to dry up all the ammunition so no one has anything to shoot in those dreaded 'assault' rifles. Still haven't figured out what that is, probably never will until Beto explains it to me...

Reactions: Abby'sDad

·
Registered
19,400 Posts
If you want to get into handloading, now isn't a good time but not because components are scarce and stupid priced, it's because you cannot buy a press anyway. Forrester, RCBS and Lyman and Redding are at 6-12 week lead times presently. Hornady is at 4 weeks.

·
Registered
26,151 Posts
Unless you go used on ebay or gunbroker

1 - 16 of 16 Posts