Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a Missouri Conservation commemorative Smith and Wesson Model 586 double action .357. It is number 1 of only 250 made. (See photos) It has never been fired and comes with a nice display box and matching belt buckle. I have all of the original packaging, certificate of authenticity and paperwork from the conservation department. My grandfather was a retired conservation agent and so had access to get the very first one of these released. Unfortunately, I cannot display this, I would never shoot it and have no one to hand it down to so I will try to sell it here. Please feel free to message me with any questions / offers or call at 303.638.0925.
Thanks,
Brian

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,704 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is not likely #1 of the 250.
You wrote: "It is number 1 of only 250 made."
This means they made 250 of them, and this is one of the 250.
Fair enough...I read 1 of 250 on the side but you may well be right. I'm not sure how best to validate that or how much it matters to value. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
These commemoratives generally don't appreciate much in value because there's no real collector interest and most owners keep them put away so there's no use/loss to add to rarity. They generally sell for even less than a NIB standard model.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Administrator
8,322 Posts
Once again, this is the classifieds. It is not a discussion board. Please no comments unless you are interested in buying, and then just to say a PM has been sent or an "I'll take it".

Any further discussions will be deleted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.