Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy
Would like your thoughts on quality shoulder holsters to carry 3 to 3 1/2 inch N Frames.
I have found that when carrying a large frame revolver support & comfort are the most
Important factors.
If it’s not comfortable, I won’t carry it. I love my N Frames & want to CC them whenever
Practical.
What are your thoughts?
Thanks for your comments & suggestions.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
I have done it on occassion with several different barrel lengths and holsters. It does not seem to work for me. A lot of both mass and weight.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The regular old Uncle Mikes works fine for me.

Carried it a (six inch 629) a couple years deer hunting and found it comfortable.

That was with hunting clothes, though........I'm not sure that carrying these N frames in regular street clothes is feasible.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I like the Galco Jackass Rig Shoulder Holster. I expect that you will want another gun on the other side, as an N frame on one side, a bit of spare ammo on the other side, and you will find the shoulder holster pulling toward the heavy side, becoming off center and uncomfortable.

I often carry a snubby N frame in the Galco shoulder holster rig, or a snubby Colt Python on one side, and a Colt Cobra (the original Cobra) on the other side. It is quite comfortable and discrete.

Have your sports coats and suit coats tailored so that they fit well when wearing the shoulder holster rig, and nobody will know you are carrying.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/shoulder-holster-systems_8_2.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts