Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like suggestions for a set of good, comfortable grips to put on my 4" 686. I enjoy shooting this revolver, but the original wood grips are none too comfortable. I'll keep the originals and use the others for shooting.
On my model 36, I have a nice, butt-ugly set of Pachmayrs. they are about the most comfortable grips I've seen, but they sure are homely. I figure the 686 may be a little too sweet to do THAT to...
What do y'all think?
RR

·
Administrator
8,093 Posts
Are the original grips Targets or Magnas? If Magnas, have you tried a Tyler T-grip?

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Pachmyer Grippers are indeed very ugly. I just give them to the dog to chew.

The "Signature" series aren't too bad and they used to come in both Small and Large size.

If you can find a pair of the the Small for a K-Frame Sqaure Butt you should be all set.

Drew

·
Registered
10,917 Posts
I put a set of Hogue grips on the 4566 and find them better to my liking than the Paks. 2345ll

·
Registered
19,775 Posts
Years ago, I had Hogue rubber grips for all my revolvers, they worked.....but where butt ugly. I switched over to Pachs. for the
Sq. butt revolvers, and Butler Creek/Uncle Mike's Combat and Boot grips for the Rd. butts. These are for shooting and carry.

I also have nice wooden grips for all my revolvers. Rubber for shootin'.....wood for lookin'!!!!! :lol: Bb

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
... I also have nice wooden grips for all my revolvers. Rubber for shootin'.....wood for lookin'!!!!! :lol: Bb[/quote]

That's a good idea - I'll look into the afore mentioned 'rubbers' and see what's what. I really like the 686 and with a more comfortable set of grips for shootin' it will be good to go. Thanks to all for the suggestions! confused02
RR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts