Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my Colt (SA7200 range) that I shoot. It is 44 Special caliber and lots of fun at the range.

Bill

G

·
0 Posts
Isn't it funny. I've been reading Bill's posts for a few years. Always looking at his drop-dead gorgeous S&W's. I belong to the Ruger Forum, so I was also aware that he had a few Supers, etc...

But I never knew that his collecting pursuits involves so many wonderful sixguns. It's really nice to see him presenting them here to our forum.

As always, the Colt at the top of the thread is stunning. Like the Stag grips and absolutely love the caliber! Great barrel length, to boot ;)

giz

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Giz...Thanks. I like all guns. One of my favorites (no pictures) at the range is one of the first Sig P229s that was chambered for the .357 Sig. I later picked up a .40 S&W barrel for it and now have "two great shooters".

Bill

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
At the risk of 'preaching to the choir' here :? , I'll (again) bring up one of my favorite points:
Bill's an excellent example of a gun-fancier who shoots and carefully maintains his guns.
Just because a gun's a 'shooter' is no excuse for lack of detailing and care!
Another fine example, Bill.
;)
Don

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don....I couldn't agree with you more. Most guns get finish wear because they are carried in holsters without a lining. I shoot lots of my guns, but most don't look it because of how they are carried and maintained. I never carry a gun in an unlined holster and always wipe it down at the end of the day. This was particularly important when I on a 7-10 hunt in the Scapegoat Wilderness in Montana. The same treatment is given to my rifles, although the scabbard on horseback does wear the finish some as does going through downed timber will beat up a stock (that is why I have gone to the synthetic stock and the Browning A-Bolt).

Bill

·
Registered
276 Posts
Bill, that is a very nice Colt & in my favorite caliber too. Thanks for sharing. Frank

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Another beauty!! :ymapplause:

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Bill,

Thanks for the excellent tip about holster lining!

As much as I like S&Ws, Colt SAAs are my A#1 Favorite revolvers - and .44 Special is my favorite revolver cartridge - and the 5 1/2" barrel length is my favorite tube length for Colt SAAs!

Most folks are ga-ga over the 4 3/4" bbl length - then choose the 7 1/2" - with the 5 1/2" trailing along as least favorite. IMO, the 5 1/2" has the best balance and handling characteristics in the .44 and .45 - especially when the revolver is fully loaded and sports heavy stag or ivory grips.

xtm

·
Registered
19,843 Posts
Doc44 said:
This is my Colt (SA7200 range) that I shoot. It is 44 Special caliber and lots of fun at the range.

Bill

Hey Giz....compare your RUGERS to this...... #-o Bob

·
Registered
656 Posts
Mine is a couple years newer, also in 44 Special, and wears ivory stocks that were a BD present from the wife. After growing up reading Skeeter Skelton's writings there were two guns I HAD to have: a 5" M27 and an SAA in 44 Special.

·
Registered
19,843 Posts
I don't know much about COLTS. (I couldn't afford them, anyway. :roll:) But, that COLT SAA is a beautiful SA revolver!!!! Maybe someday, I will be ready to get one. But, considering the cost, I don't think it would be a shooter!!! Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts