Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since the mid 80's, I thought this was the definitive .357 (in my eyes).

The first time I saw one in person, it was at a gun show in Phoenix (Small Arms Review building took most of my time there ;) ).

Not until I moved back to MT in '02 was I to see another one. I was at the local gun shop waiting for a customer to finish a trade and glanced to see what he was trading. There on the counter was one of these Peacekeeper's I had always wanted. So patiently I waited until he was finished, ran up to the counter and asked "How much?"

"How's about $250.00"?

"I'll take it!"

And here it is:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
LeMat,
Really an interesting and scarce gun.
That was the dollar-value of the Century, IMHO.
Neat post!
Don
;)

·
Administrator
8,112 Posts
I've never seen one in person either.. very cool!

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Very nice, how does it shoot?

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I gotta admit, that there is the only real steal I've ever gotten. I generally pay too much for something because I have a bad case of the "I want it now!" syndrome.

When I got out of the service, I bought an Anaconda in 45 Colt with the 4" barrel (this was back in the fall of '93 I believe). I think I paid around $450.00 for it.

Well, I ended up trading a buddy for something and he still has it. Little did I know that they're worth a billion dollars now. :((

Now I gotta figure out how to finagle him back out of it. ;)

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hunter said:
Very nice, how does it shoot?
Well, to be honest, terribly. :(

Perhaps I just haven't found the right load for it yet, but it's all over the paper. I know it's not me and I'm just going to keep experimenting with loads until I find one that it likes to shoot. I know it's out there somewhere.

But the trigger - man that trigger is the sweetest I have ever had.

Right now it's down with a bound extractor rod spring. Somehow, it got all bound up and I need to find a replacement. I took it out and can't for the life of me figure out why it happened. One day, I pushed the ejector and it just bound up. It still ejects just fine, but now I have to pull the rod back manually.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts