Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Third Generation, 7 1/2". Beautiful bluing and a case hardned frame. As suggested by John Taffin I had my gunsmith go over the sixgun inside and out.

He said it was in excellent shape and looked like, to him that it hadn't even been fired. The backstrap fits neatly into the frame and the flats where the trigger guard and frame meet is flush, so that indicates this one was fit with some degree of attention. Serial # 074XXNF indicates a mid-run gun, 1979-1981ish. I'm happy with it.

If colt didn't charge so dang much I'd letter it just for grins. Sorry for the cruddy pictures but pics is pics!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Re: New Frontier .44 Special

Kevin, Congratulations on a very nice six-gun. You are going to like that gun & the .44 Special is one of the best handgun cartridges out there. lgnngp
Frank

·
Registered
19,777 Posts

kjdfjemnd That is a truly impressive addition to your collection.......but I wish it were mine!!!! :mrgreen: Bob

·
Registered
256 Posts

I need one of those. kfjdrfirii

G

·
0 Posts

Tell ya' what Kevin,

I'm flat out jealous...that is one fine looking gun. ;)
Been trying to find one of those since reading about it in Taffin's book. There scarce as hens teeth in my part of Maine.

Good for you,...... :)

giz

·
Registered
10,920 Posts

Very nice Kevin. What are you going to do for leather?
A kydex I'm guessing is out of the question njgapjgj

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks for the kind words men! Frank, I am looking forward to shooting this one. I don't think I will shoot anything but the canonical 7.5 gr. Unique under a Keith 250 grainer. I just don't think I'm gonna subject this sixgun to 17 gr of 2400. Maybe after the new wears off!

Bob, if you make it down this way we'll go shoot it! Revorg...just ONE?!! :D

Giz, This is the first one I've seen around here in .44 Special. When I saw it I hadta have it. Kinda like Duck V. selling all his Triple Locks, 1926s and 1950 Targets for WW II SMGs. Only MY trades make sense! thepuke

Mick, I'm partial to El Paso Saddlery Tom Threepersons holsters so I will go with one of theirs or another maker's T3P. As for Kydex, I wouldn't even subject a Glock to that!

lllfaaaa

·
Registered
1,853 Posts

Kevin,

Good for you on your find, enjoy...

As everyone knows, that revolver and the 44spl are one of my personal favorites.

Su Amigo,
Dave

P.S. I've fired the heavy 2400 & cast Keith type bullet loads (for hunting) in the NFs I've owned over the years with good results.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts

That's one gun I always wanted. Wonderful for you! I bet it'll shoot great!

·
Registered
276 Posts

Kevin, I think you will find 7-1/2grs of Unique will do most everything that needs to be done with a six-gun. Enjoy that NF.
Frank

·
Registered
16 Posts

Kevin, nice addition! I bought one several years ago, a 3rd gen. like yours. Fit and finish top notch, and it shoots to. I got a holster and belt from El Paso also, the flap holster for a cross draw. I had wanted one since Colt started with the 2nd gen. new frontiers. Kids and other family costs kept me from getting one, at that time. Won't part with mine for anything. Enjoy!! kfjdrfirii
Dave

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts

That is really nice, I have to get one of those!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts