Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Colt King Cobra Target arrived yesterday, and I am well pleased with it so far, after cleaning and dry fire. I am most pleased with the double action trigger feel (at 8 pounds) and the single action is right around two. Both are a smooth progression with no sudden changes or stacking. The fit and finish are very good, in fact the finish is noticeably a step up from the standard Cobras I've held. It's like a bead blasted finish that's then been polished again. I like it. And the stampings are crisp and nice.
The Altamont grips fit my hands, but I can see how they might not fit fatter hands, and to that end the trigger guard could be changed a bit to avoid knuckle bumping when firing 357. They fit the frame so well that it's hard to see that it's two individual pieces at first glance. They set off the overall look of the revolver in a good way, to my tastes. Perhaps on the OCD side, the medallion on one side is fit perfectly, while the other has its top most centre point mounted at ten o'clock. ( a running rather than rearing Colt)
I've never had a fibre optic front sight but I must say my eye goes to it quite naturally. One thing that makes me wonder is that the rear sight is adjusted almost all the way to one side. Hhmmm. We will see how it shoots I guess, but that seems a bit weird. Anyone else have one come that way? Hey, it can be adjusted so that's good.
Small things that I thought could be otherwise are mostly related to the delivery. One I think was a dealer oversight - there was no Colt cable lock in the hard case. ( I don't use them anyway) The second was the manual. It is cheesy looking and is for the standard Colt Cobra, so there is no info on the sight adjustments for example and the pictures are all a three inch Cobra. Again, a small thing. Finally, it would be nice with a gun at this level/price if the case contained an Allen wrench for the front sights, and a cleaning brush. I guess the bean counters did away with all that, as we all have that stuff already.
Gun Revolver Black Gun accessory Trigger
Brown Metal Trigger Steel Shotgun
Revolver Tan Still life photography Trigger Gun accessory
Product White Bicycle accessory Line Light
Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Metal
Line Grey Metal Composite material Carbon
Toy Stuffed toy Carmine Baby toys Plush
Anyway - the case just seemed a bit empty. A tiny foil pack of oil was included.
All the screws were tight and clean. Maybe after some of the oil clears off the grips they'll reveal more grain. They are saturated, but I find them a bit low grip and the stippling won't change that much by the feel of it. Time will tell. Overall, I am happy with the purchase and look forward to taking it to the range in the near future. I'll report back then.

·
Registered
30,012 Posts
That's a beauty for sure! Congrats on a great score.

Reactions: Brassmonkey
1 - 9 of 9 Posts