Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The interesting thing with the revolver and price is when you can find some of the original King Cobra revolvers that people shunned and now what they are selling for...
LOL, very true Wendy.

· Registered
12,068 Posts
My gun shop had two new Colt King Cobra's in stock a few months ago.
I was close to buying one.
Then I saw a mint 1967 S&W 10-5 in pristine condition!
Guess what I came home with? View attachment 545723
Oh! Is that Swell!

· Registered
1,669 Posts
Resistance............is futile..........

View attachment 545421
Ain’t that the truth. This ‘gosh darn’ thread keeps sucking me back to it. I have never owned a Colt revolver, had a couple Colt 1911’s and older Colt AR’s though. But the wheels have been turning and I think it’s time to do a little research and some him hawing in my head. But……resistance…….is futile……. like Mark said.
I’ve already talked myself into having to have one, ya know, cause I need one. I didn’t know that a few days ago and I thought my three S&W .357’s were enough. Little did I know I had to have a Colt .357 too.
Go figure. Enabler points go to BuckShotDave and Mark (for the cool pic).

· Registered
12,068 Posts
Ain’t that the truth. This ‘gosh darn’ thread keeps sucking me back to it. I have never owned a Colt revolver, had a couple Colt 1911’s and older Colt AR’s though. But the wheels have been turning and I think it’s time to do a little research and some him hawing in my head. But……resistance…….is futile……. like Mark said.
I’ve already talked myself into having to have one, ya know, cause I need one. I didn’t know that a few days ago and I thought my three S&W .357’s were enough. Little did I know I had to have a Colt .357 too.
Go figure. Enabler points go to the OP and Mark (for the cool pic).
This old ('30's vintage) Official Police in .22 LR.

6" of Stainless Ruger Rifle Barrel.

First Generation Bo Mar Rib....

HOURS of FUN!

Attachments

· Registered
1,669 Posts
At my LGS $895
Not actually a reply to your post but more directed to your post script and picture.
Cemetery Headstone Grave Grass Groundcover

My 3x great grandfather Uriah Reed that lived near Chattanooga was conscripted by the Confederate Army in early 1863 which he quickly “escaped” from and went back home to his wife. Then he joined the Union Army and in a battle at Cassville Georgia in 1864 he was taken prisoner and sent to Andersonville where he died in August of 1864 from dysentery and starvation. His only child, John (who he never met) was born in mid 1864. Through the generations since then the last name has gone from Reed to Redman (that was changed to Redmond) then to Bryant.
Had he not escaped (and got a little) I wouldn’t be here writing this.

· Registered
1,669 Posts
I hope you’re happy now! I had to get my 586 (no dash) it’s brother from another mother. My LGS/ffl guy got one for me. My one and only Colt revolver. Fits my hand a little different than any of my S&W’s. Haven’t got a chance to hit the range with it yet, probably next week. I have some of my mild .357’s ready to go. I don’t load any hot loads for any of my magnum revolvers, the old brittle boned wrists don’t appreciate them.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Line Wood

· Registered
18,112 Posts
I hope you’re happy now! I had to get my 586 (no dash) it’s brother from another mother. My LGS/ffl guy got one for me. My one and only Colt revolver. Fits my hand a little different than any of my S&W’s. Haven’t got a chance to hit the range with it yet, probably next week. I have some of my mild .357’s ready to go. I don’t load any hot loads for any of my magnum revolvers, the old brittle boned wrists don’t appreciate them.
View attachment 548005
That looks really nice. Let us know how it shoots

· Registered
277 Posts
View attachment 548005
MP did you ever make to the range with your adopted horse?

· Registered
1,669 Posts
MP did you ever make to the range with your adopted horse?
Yes I have and thanks for asking. Loved the new Colt. It’s been out several times and has ran flawlessly. Fits my hand really good and is as accurate as expected. It’s very well balanced and the stock trigger seems like it’s just a little lighter than any of my S&W’s. I can’t complain about the quality of the fit, finish or performance. I’m definitely satisfied with everything about it.
I think my youngest grandson (29) likes it more than me though which means trouble. I will probably be “loaning” it to him, in other words I don’t think I will be seeing it for a while. That’s fine though, I have more than I can shoot and I am a little more partial to my S&W’s.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts