Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put 200 rounds through my new colt classic 45 so far without any failures. The slide stop comes out of the frame during take down easy and goes back in very easy. I'm wondering if the slide stop plunger is not applying enough pressure on the slide stop to prevent a possible failure. I also have one in 38 super in which the slide stop is not as easy to take out or place back in and I notice the plunger sticks out further in the opening which applies more pressure on the slide stop. So I ordered another slide stop plunger that's Colt OEM to see if there is a difference, what the heck the part is less than $5.00. Has anybody else had a problem with the slide stop plunger? Or maybe I don't really have a problem. Just wondering.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
I've put 200 rounds through my new colt classic 45 so far without any failures. The slide stop comes out of the frame during take down easy and goes back in very easy. I'm wondering if the slide stop plunger is not applying enough pressure on the slide stop to prevent a possible failure. I also have one in 38 super in which the slide stop is not as easy to take out or place back in and I notice the plunger sticks out further in the opening which applies more pressure on the slide stop. So I ordered another slide stop plunger that's Colt OEM to see if there is a difference, what the heck the part is less than $5.00. Has anybody else had a problem with the slide stop plunger? Or maybe I don't really have a problem. Just wondering.

Hey 36,

On the OLD FORUM with the GOOD FORMAT, (excuse me, had to put that there for the "yuppification jack wagons", I had pics. (lost mine in a confuser crash)

Brownells sells a drill bit that goes through the plunger tube, and one can drill a little "divot" in the rear of the slide stop face.

The drill bit is set up in such a way, that one can also "mark" the face of the "lock" (thumb safety)

Be sure to thank the ADMIN YUPPYS for DELETING my pics.

I will take another pic of the tool. Remind me.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
6,955 Posts

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Hey 36,BROWNELLS PLUNGER TUBE REAMER | Brownells400 × 400

Sorry, wrong yuppy link! Grrr!

Fixed the above post link.

See it that pic comes up!

Dang yuppy scum! This site format is very uncooperative.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Hey 36,

Do not know how to edit post..........since they got this once great Forum ........all yuppified. Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Will post pics of the old tool. Thanks to the yuppy ADMINS deleting all my pics....2xGrrrrrrrrrrr!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey 36,

On the OLD FORUM with the GOOD FORMAT, (excuse me, had to put that there for the "yuppification jack wagons", I had pics. (lost mine in a confuser crash)

Brownells sells a drill bit that goes through the plunger tube, and one can drill a little "divot" in the rear of the slide stop face.

The drill bit is set up in such a way, that one can also "mark" the face of the "lock" (thumb safety)

Be sure to thank the ADMIN YUPPYS for DELETING my pics.

I will take another pic of the tool. Remind me.

Later, Mark
The thumb safety has the small grove in it for the plunger but not the slide release. I seem to remember on older government models that the slide release had a small grove in it for the plunger. I guess they did away with that.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Hey 36,

Here is a NEW pic of the OLD tool.. (never to sufficiently danged yuppy scum admins)

Later, Mark

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
The thumb safety has the small grove in it for the plunger but not the slide release. I seem to remember on older government models that the slide release had a small grove in it for the plunger. I guess they did away with that.

Hey 36,

Hope the above pics help.

With this tool, one "marks" either the slide release or lock. Then very gently, using a point stone on the Dremel, one grinds a very SMALL divot, with a small escape "ramp".

Almost as bad at pics today, as I am at getting though this stupid "yuppy format"... (had enough of yuppy crap...to last ten lifetimes)

Later, Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts