Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won a Colt Buntline 45 off of GB last week. I placed a max bid and thought I will be out bid. Well surprise I won it at $1525.00. The other two bidders dropped out at $1500.00. It comes with it's black box and a custom made display box, also included are Elk stag grips. The Colt dates to 1959 at 23XXXsa and I saw another Colt buntline on collector firearms serial number 23xxxsa. I might need to get a factory letter for this one. Pics after I get it.

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
I'm not up on the current prices, especially for a Buntline, but that would seem to be a really good score.

Congrats.

·
Premium Member
12,312 Posts
Bravo Zulu.

·
Registered
11,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is my first Black Box Colt and as you can see the box is in rough shape. The colt's serial number is on the bottom of the box and I have requested a factory letter. I have no idea who made the custom wood box but it's pretty nice. The Colt has the older fixed firing pin with the access hole on the back of the hammer like the 1st gen Colt's. A very nice Colt Buntline Special that I got for a good price. The gun shop that I got it from is in Vt.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
I saw your gun on GB, congrats for winning it.
I have a 3rd gen Colt SAA in 45 LC with the 4 3/4" barrel made in 1982.
It sure is fun shooting the Colt 45 at the range.
Mine was ANIB but not any longer.
Are you going to fire it?

·
Registered
11,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw your gun on GB, congrats for winning it.
I have a 3rd gen Colt SAA in 45 LC with the 4 3/4" barrel made in 1982.
It sure is fun shooting the Colt 45 at the range.
Mine was ANIB but not any longer.
Are you going to fire it?
Oh yes I will be shooting it. This Colt has been fired by previous owner(s). The stag grips are by Will Jennings, stag-grips.com and they are a perfect fit.

·
Registered
30,200 Posts
That's sweet! Congrats on a nice score.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts