Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this year I glommed a S&W model 52-2...

Ever since, I've been obsessed with getting a 1911 .38 Special mid range as a companion piece. Last week, I glommed one...

·
Registered
30,035 Posts
Sweet looking semi auto! Looking forward to the range report.

Reactions: msharley

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Mustang I am green with envy. I have the same thought pattern. I have a S&W model 52-1, it shoots so nice that I would like a MR 1911. Right now it looks like you can almost buy 2 52s for the going Colt price. I look forward to a range report on this one. Again, nice purchase sir!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mustang I am green with envy. I have the same thought pattern. I have a S&W model 52-1, it shoots so nice that I would like a MR 1911. Right now it looks like you can almost buy 2 52s for the going Colt price. I look forward to a range report on this one. Again, nice purchase sir!
Thanks, SA...I got both the 52 and the 1911 for pretty good prices,

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
Earlier this year I glommed a S&W model 52-2...

Ever since, I've been obsessed with getting a 1911 .38 Special mid range as a companion piece. Last week, I glommed one...

Hey Mustang,

Wow! What a fine looking "O" Frame!

With Colt's Magazines!!

Enjoy!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Mustang

·
Registered
10,114 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm a little late to the party here, but if anyone is interested, I compiled a history of these pistols which is posted on the Colt Forum. There is very little factual information posted on the Web and most shooters that I've encountered have never heard of this model. Most know of the S&W Model 52's but few have ever heard of the Colt Gold Cup National Match .38 Special Mid Range pistols. This is partly because of the early demise of this Model and the demise of Bullseye shooting in general. Granted, the Colt didn't sell very well, was problematic early in production from which it never really recovered.
Part#1 here:

Part#2 here:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts