Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I like the L frame platform. You could probably say I REALLY like them a lot. The first 357 I bought was a 4 inch, no dash. A few years later I ran into a good deal on a 2.5” dash 6, and a few years after that I got a 3 inch at a LGS 20% off sale.
I was with Curt a couple years ago when he purchased a 6”, no dash. I said if he ever went to sell it I got first chance. The other day I made him an offer he couldn’t refuse
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun barrel

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

Here are the family photo‘s
Revolver Gun

Gun Revolver Firearm Gun barrel Airsoft gun

Revolver Gun Ammunition Metal

·
Registered
21,500 Posts
Always nice to reach a goal. That is a very nice "L" frame collection. Curt will still get to shoot it at the shale pit but now he won't have to clean it. Congratulations on getting the gun and having a great friend.

·
Registered
15,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I looked up the serial number for the new revolver and found it was made in 1985. That makes it the oldest of the 4. It also does not have the recall "M" stamp. The 4" no dash was made in 86 and has the "M" stamp. The 2.5 inch has the test fired cartridge with a date of 5-29-2009 and the 3 inch also has the envelope with a date of 06-08-2015 making it my newest. The 06-08 date also happens to be my birthday

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Great collection! I understand your pleasure at making your goal. I'm still pleased I finally got the "alphabet" MIJKLNX

·
Registered
15,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have actually passed up on a couple of 6 inchers over the years. At one point the gun shop had a 6 inch, 5 screw Highway Patrolman and a 6 inch 686-1. I had cash for one or the other. After a couple days deliberation I got the Highway Patrolman, and am glad I did. I had figured that I see 6 inch 686's fairly often, but not so much with 5 screw N frames. It wasnt until I got the 2.5 inch and then the 3 inch last year that I firmly decided I had to have a 6 inch to complete the group. I don't really care for real long barrels so no need to search out an 8 3/8" 686, but I can't rule out a 5 inch, particularly an SSR Pro series.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts