Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up with a nice collection I recently purchased. Found very little info on Colin Cox except he passed a few years back and this was one of only a couple Marine Corps knives he made. 5-1/2” blade, this knife is stout! Any info would be appreciated! Year? Value?

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to a guy down your way in Big Springs that knew of his work and he directed me to an old forum in Arizona. One of the shops down there had one but not service type. The sheath is from a company out of business years ago.

·
Super Moderator
31,828 Posts
There are several Colin Cox knives for sale @ www.arizonacutomknives.com. They start around $400 & some are triple that. Some are similar to yours but I didn't see any the same. Hope this helps.
We check out that site at times and have even bought a few from there, Kenneth has an account with them.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I can’t tell you much about Mr. Cox but I can tell you a little about the sheath and knife. The sheath is the same one used by Randall Made Knives in the late 60’s and early 70’s. It is a Johnson rough back sheath also called a split back. It would be In the Vietnam era. The knife is a replica of a Randall Airman. The handle is made of green linen micarta and the hilt is from a solid piece of brass. It has a full tang evidenced by the pins in the handle. The end of the tang has a lanyard hole evidence of early Randall’s. I did a little research on Mr. Cox and found he was born and lived for some time in Orlando Fl. where Randall Knives are made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts