Registered
22,162 Posts
Looks good!:)

Reactions: jonesy814

·
Registered
12,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welldone don't clean too much need something to do when a big snow ice storm hits
I usually go through all my guns between mid December and New Years. I look them over, run a lightly oiled patch through the barrel and wipe the exterior. I didn't even start this year yet. I do it again in June of each year. Some don't get out every year so I like to keep an eye on them for possible rust

·
Registered
19,786 Posts
Mine have always stayed in good shape, even through I don't go thru 'rituallistic cleaning' every six months. I believe that is more for the owner......than the gun! I clean 'em after shooting them, apply a light coating of oil, with a rag.....then put 'em in the safe, until the next time. That's it!!!! Sometimes, I shoot them several times a year. Sometimes, not. ;) Bob

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
It’s not work, its “therapy “ with rewards..:)

Thewelshm

·
Registered
12,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine have always stayed in good shape, even through I don't go thru 'rituallistic cleaning' every six months. I believe that is more for the owner......than the gun! I clean 'em after shooting them, apply a light coating of oil, with a rag.....then put 'em in the safe, until the next time. That's it!!!! Sometimes, I shoot them several times a year. Sometimes, not. ;) Bob
Bob, my gun safe is in the basement. I have a golden rod dehumidifier in it and a dehumidifier in the basement but a some times of the year, mainly fall and spring, it can be a bit damp down there. I put them away cleaned and oiled but some wouldn't even get out of the safe every year, especially long guns. I feel it is wise use of my free time to check them all and protect my investment in them. I can do 2 long guns in about 15 minutes. Since the AR and Mini 14 are the same caliber it makes it easy to run a patch down each barrel and wipe the blued exterior parts bolt face and chamber area . . .done.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Nice !!
Is that grenade part of your edc???

·
Registered
12,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice !!
Is that grenade part of your edc???
I used to do a lot of first person shooter, online gaming. My handle was GI_JONES. I played Medal of Honor on a guys server that I got to know pretty well. Actually ended up going to his house in Ohio one time to shoot his model of 1928 Tommy gun, and WW1 issued Luger. I was known to be pretty deadly with the hand grenade. The guy who ran the server sent me the plaque with mounted grenade, a 45acp case in each corner and you can partially make out that the wood is engraved with GI_JONES. He also sent the dog tags which say:
GI_JONES
*MonTsTers MASH (the server name)
"Grenade, Take Cover!"

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Bob, my gun safe is in the basement. I have a golden rod dehumidifier in it and a dehumidifier in the basement but a some times of the year, mainly fall and spring, it can be a bit damp down there. I put them away cleaned and oiled but some wouldn't even get out of the safe every year, especially long guns. I feel it is wise use of my free time to check them all and protect my investment in them. I can do 2 long guns in about 15 minutes. Since the AR and Mini 14 are the same caliber it makes it easy to run a patch down each barrel and wipe the blued exterior parts bolt face and chamber area . . .done.
You could move and save yourself the trouble:)

Thewelshm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts