Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can date one of these by the ser#. This one looks to be a lot better quality than a heritage. It's the wifes gun, looks unfired it may stay that way. This little 22 does the 4 clicks.
Cliff

· Premium Member
13,465 Posts
A serial number and a photo would help a little bit.

Reactions: Cliff

· Registered
11,413 Posts
I have a Cimarron Eliminater in .357 that had the original sales receipt in the box when I bought it early last year. The receipt is dated 2017. However, I tried and tried to get a confirmation researching the serial number in the internet and wasn't able to do so. Hopefully someone on here can provide a path, because I'd like to confirm what I have, good luck and let us know how it shoots!

· Super Moderator
16,057 Posts
A serial number and a photo would help a little bit.
Cliff posted them separately, and I just combined the posts here.

Reactions: Cliff and K22

· Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked up the Cimarron revolvers on thier web page. My 22 is called the lightning. It was offered in 22 ,41 colt and 38 spl. It's very similar to the model p junior. I put the blame for me buying this revolver on that Arizona bunch, all ways talking about the birds head grip. Think I'm gona like it.
Cliff

· Registered
411 Posts
You can't date it by the serial number but there will be a date code on it somewhere, probably under the ejector rod housing. There will be two letters in box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts