Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to hear of your recomendations or condemnations on chronographs you have used. My Pact Professional chrono' from Oct. 2000 has become unreliable. I have no experience with other brands and none of the gun shops around here keep them on hand. I am hesitant to buy anohter Pact as it seems to me that electriconic devices should be more reliable. I am also hesitant to buy sight unseen again, especially with the minimum info available on the sales web sites.

Thank you for your cards and letters :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
It depends on what you want the Chronograph to do. All I expect of mine is to give me the speed to confirm it's up to the ballistics I need for that bullet. My decisions on a loads suitability are from performance on target. Any calculations needed do off the Crono with a calculator.

With that said use a Crony, small & inexpensive. Works well and if any problems they are excelent about repairing. Only problem mine ever had was nipping the wire that was sticking up a bit too high with a bullet one time. Crony turned it around fast and reasonable. Personally I consider all electronic devices throw away. Fine when they work but at some point all are going to fail.

Boats

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you have the money, cause they are more expensive than Chrony's, get an Oehler! ive had a model 11 for over 25 years, and a model 33 for about 20 years. flawless performance, and best warranty in the business. and Dr. Oehler is a fantastic guy, full of info. He builds chronos for the military, so good enuff for them, good enuff for us.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts