Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Christmas gift rifles from the past!

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Jace 
#1 ·
When I was 13 years old, I was stunned to find a wrapped gift under the Christmas tree one morning when I found a Winchester Model 320 bolt action 22 LR rifle! My very first gun and I still have it today in a gun safe with intentions it will go to a grandchild some day in the future. Here it is:

Gun Trigger Air gun Shotgun

Several years ago riding my bicycle past a garage sale a few blocks north of my house, I spotted a Marlin 336 chambered in caliber 30-30 priced at $200, which I managed to hold with a $20 dollar bill, quickly pedaled home for a vehicle and returned with the remaining cash. The rifle looked near perfect and the seller told me he bought it new to go deer hunting, which he did for two years, never saw a deer and the rifle sat in a closet until what was then 2009. My son loved it and to surprise him, at the next Christmas I made it a gift! He has it in his safe and told me he intends to give it to my grandson when he grows up, which is perfectly fine with me!

Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Shotgun

I know these are Christmas rifles, but I'd like to see any form of Christmas gun you've received or given because it's the 'season of giving'!

See less See more
#4 ·
I've been very blessed on Christmas day,
My first was a Stevens .410 in 1980 I was 12yo.
Shotgun Wood Air gun

My next was a Marlin model 25 .22lr in 1981 I was 13yo.
Gun Firearm Trigger Air gun Games

I got married in 1987 and for our first Christmas together the wife bought me a Marlin 336CS 30-30.
Gun Firearm Rifle Air gun Trigger

In 1990 we had our first child and together the gave me a Mossberg 5500 semi auto.
Gun Firearm Rifle Shotgun Trigger

Fast forward to 2017
My daughter and her husband bought me a Heritage Arms Rough Rider, great fun.
Finally last year my wife saw me continue to go look at the Chiappa Little Badger folding rifles. I didn't realize she noticed but Christmas day she had a 22wmr under our make shift tree.
Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun Shooting sport

#6 ·
My granddaughter asked if she could borrow a deer rifle. I showed her my Ruger M77 International 243 and said she could use it. Her and boyfriend came next day to watch football game and she was all excited about a Savage Muddy Girl 243 she had seen. Following Monday I thought I would get it and give it to her for an early Christmas present. The first photo will explain why she was so excited about seeing the Muddy Girl.

Grass Plant Shrub

Shooting sport Recreation Shooting Musical instrument Grass

#8 ·
I was actually a Ralphie as on Christmas at 8 years old got a Daisy BB gun and have never lost the enjoyment of shooting. I have amassed a few to give to the Grandkids when lawfully old enough (they use them now exclusively and they clean them but stay with me). Those are some great Christmas gifts in all. Oldest Grandson has a 10/22 and a Ruger Mark IV in the steel shoots.
Gun Firearm Trigger Air gun Airsoft gun

#12 ·
I was actually a Ralphie as on Christmas at 8 years old got a Daisy BB gun and have never lost the enjoyment of shooting. I have amassed a few to give to the Grandkids when lawfully old enough (they use them now exclusively and they clean them but stay with me). Those are some great Christmas gifts in all. Oldest Grandson has a 10/22 and a Ruger Mark IV in the steel shoots.
View attachment 426221
Like your Mark IV Hunter. I hope your's shoots as good as mine.

2 years ago I gave my then 10 year old grandson a Ruger 10-22 for Christmas. This year, I'm giving him a Gamo Air Rifle to shoot in his backyard.

Joe

#13 ·
This Ruger Mark IV Standard will be my present from my wife for this Christmas. Couple of months ago I told her I almost bought a pistol a while ago. She said turnaround and so buy it for her to give to me. To make a long story short, as she was about to give me the money for it, I told her to put the money on the grandkids. I can’t wait until after Christmas to shoot it. I’m already excited.

Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Airsoft

I apologize for not rotating photo.

Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.